Currently reading:
Apprentice?? How?? Letter from God maybe....

Discuss Apprentice?? How?? Letter from God maybe.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

konimitsu

Just had a reply from the umpteenth application but this time instead of just being sent on spec it was for an advertised apprentice plumber, so I think great an actual job, someone is looking for someone NOW....

So I get notified I have not even been shortlisted for an interview...great!!!!:mad:

I am 18 and have a full driving licence.:)

Passed my NVQ 2 Plumbing.:)

Passed my NVQ 2 Gas installation and maintenance.:)

Passed my ACS exams and Gas Safe registered. :D :cool:

Have a place on a course for 1 day per week from september doing NVQ 3 Gas installation and maintenance.:cool:

I have pretty much done everything possible since leaving school 2 years ago to get qualifications that will help me to get an apprenticeship in plumbing and I cannot even get to interview stage.

It seems that there are hundreds of applications for every job and even though most are just applying for 'any' job that comes along but once a company gets 250 letters how do you knwo yours has even been read and checked, maybe they are so inundated they do a lucky dip??????:confused:

If I don't get a job soon no dount the government will have me looking for a new training course to become an electrician...keep busy and off the unemployed figures for a couple of years.

But I get sick and tired of hearing people knock the lazy youngsters in our country....

How are you supposed to get a job :confused:

first things first i read all your post and i do admire what youve done.

secondly i responded to you calling me queer plumb, so i dont think its me who needs an age check matey.

when i first posted you said you were gas safe, i do not agree with that....

your qualifications sound like city and guilds not the nvq, but i will take your word for it matey.

your doing great and yes i would take someone like you on especially if your gas safe in your own right as you could learn the ins and outs alongside someone and would be valuable especially on an apprentices rate.

its the gas safe registered i dont agree with mate, not your fault so dont take it to heart - im just suprised that someone in your shoes can gain gas safe so easily

Last edited by a moderator:
NOTE FROM THE FORUM ADMIN

Could all members always just give others the benefit of the doubt. Many members contributing to this thread, and others, are verging on breaking our 'be nice' rule.

If anybody isn't nice to other forum members, they're not welcome here.

Take this as a warning, and further posts that have been reported by members for being nasty will be moderated with more force and member bans dished out to those who are offending the most often.

We just don't want any negativity on the forum at all.

Thread closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Apprentice?? How?? Letter from God maybe.... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back