Search the forum,

Discuss Any hive experts .... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have a customer who is having a completely brand spanking new heating system put in but they were gifted a hive thermostat as a housewarming gift and I really want to use it in the in install.

I make no apologies for never having fitted one as I prefer other brands but I am confused with their capabilities. I went on their live chat last night with a couple of their “experts” Who were adamant that the thermostat only had frost protection but no weather compensation option. This didn’t sound likely to me what with boiler plus but they’re the experts. Is this right and if so how does one attach weather compensation do they offer something compatible.

It’s load comp well that’s what they claim etc for it to pass boiler plus

It’s live in live out

I thought weather compensation was a must have? This is why I like the V-smart and MiGo

I thought it was boiler plus from optimisation and being smart - learning your routine, heat up tunes etc.

Yea eg load and no learning routines etc isn’t boiler plus approved

Already compliant just fit hive

Yeah I know I thought that more was required to make it boiler plus. I realise the actual thermostat is

Reply to Any hive experts .... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night for a few hours using "auto"? mode I had been brought up to leave boilers on manual and set the thermostat low at night to prevent pipes from...
Replies
Views
D
hello! while saving up for a new plumbing and heating installation for my new one bedroom flat, i did a lot of research on different boilers and systems, sought some advice, and settled on a viessmann vitodens 050-w, seems to offer a lot in terms of features and reliability, offers good value...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum, thanks for having me. Tomorrow I am getting an ATAG i28C installed but, unfortunately, the gas engineer that will fit it is not an ATAG partner. Therefore, I spent the weekend trying to understand a bit more about what options I would have to control the...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know if you can use the Hive thermostat with Alexa and not need Hive's hub. Couple of websites indicate you need a Hive Hub to communicate with your broadband router. I'm using the Honeywell T6 on my own home all linked up to Alexa via my home router and can use voice commands...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock