Search the forum,

Discuss aldi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mother in law bought me a makita one a few years ago for crimbo , got to be one of my favourite tools

I've got the Lidl one too. Absolutely ferocious tool. You've got to grip that ******* tight or I fear it'll decapitate somebody or level the house.

Got a hitachi one, great for cutting up galv tanks in roof spaces no nasty sparks

I've got a B&Q one. Total brute of a tool. Hardly use it, but when I do it gets the job done.

Got a makita one with my tool set, made a right mess of my pumpkin this year! :(

Got a hitachi one, great for cutting up galv tanks in roof spaces no nasty sparks

When I was subbin to bg, every fitter was told on technical update not to carve up galv tanks with grinder as toxic fumes were released- don't know to what severity but they did always kind of go excessive over everything

Got a Milwaukee m18 hacksall. It's never in van always on the job. Cuts 4" steel right trough to floor boards and it's invaluable when stripping a job. Plus removes immersion in seconds

Got a Milwaukee m18 hacksall. It's never in van always on the job. Cuts 4" steel right trough to floor boards and it's invaluable when stripping a job. Plus removes immersion in seconds

Ditto. Used all the time

we use the makita/Bosch 10.8v and they are the best tools going saves time on ripping out old copper pipe work, we use it for cutting waste pipe and soil pipe as well as cutting flues to length.

I've got the Lidl one too. Absolutely ferocious tool. You've got to grip that ******* tight or I fear it'll decapitate somebody or level the house.
i know exactly what you mean. i cut up an old steel bath in about two minutes. it was like a hot knife through butter it went through so quick.

Ditto. Used all the time

Blades die quickly but only first 30mm!! Immersion only when scrapping cyl. Broken 3 or 4 of them and had them replaced . ( we have more than one saw being abused by more than one man. )

thought to my self when i read "great for immersions" post , how the hell do you change a immersion with one of them!! haha

i alway use to take them out when i was an apprentice, just till i was confidence enough with changing immersions! it was fantastic practice, good way of learning! felt confidence doing it on a scrap cylinder incase i ripped it! if i was to teach a you lad now i would make him take them out with the cylinder still in place ! good learning!!! but now i dont bother!

I changed a cylinder a few years back, and intended to use the old immersion in the new one, as it was working fine and the 27" ones aren't cheap. I couldn't get the swine out though! LOL.

I struggled for about 15 mins, and thought, sod this. Only time an immersion has ever bettered me. Though I have had to drill and cut them before to remove them on Gledhill Pulsacoils which have waffer thin copper walls which will twist easily.

Good idea to practise on a duff one.

I got the older version from Aldi in 2006, still going strong, only bought it too cut down some Laurels! Good tool for cutting tops off of copper cylinders!

So you guys all remove the immersions. I just chuck mine in as they are. The bloke always knocks off a Kg or so for scale which I sometimes argue.

I've heard of blokes knocking off all the insulation too which sounds too labour intensive to me. Someone once told me you can stick a hoover on it, block off the cold feed and the insulation will just crumble as it implodes. Might try that just for a laugh.

Probably mate, but it's all a bonus so I'm probably lying if I say I'll change my ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to aldi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Solar thermal not so big these days but a couple of Q for anyone who still works in it. Background. I'm an Electrician not a plumber.. I've been maintaining my otherwise excellent solar thermal (Original install MCS by Others), for the last ~ 18 years, over which time I've needed to clean...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Hi all I currently have a Wilo Gold 50 Central Heating Pump that after 20 years is now very noisy (no air in it) and is generally on its way out so I'm looking to replace it. I've been looking around for alternatives that are a lot more energy efficient and being the cheap skate I am šŸ˜, not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock