Discuss Air or potterton suprima issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
This system in hot water only seems to create lots air which I cannot get rid of. I have put air vents on both the flow and return connections on the coil but they don't help. The air seems to come round every minute or so and you will hear it really loudly. But what might be the cause is the pump will just stop for 1 second and start again straight away, Causing the water to boil and thus create air. Why is the pump doing this I wonder. I got called out as the boiler was locking out and coil was air locked. Drained system down and discovered vent and feed were blocked. So thought that was why the air was in there as it couldn't escape. But still, it has issues.

Are there more blockages causing issues at the cylinder? Where do the cold feed and open vent tee into the system.

I think I would be looking for more blockages as well, quite possibly where the hot water and heating returns meet.

20141002_160826.jpg

That's it. Already cleared the tee behind the pump that was choked. And now I'am getting a good flow through the cylinder flow and return. Would this blockage stop the pump suddenly stop and start again

If you put the CH on can you clear the air through the rads. Then start with an air free system, and see if pump starts/stops. Are they auto vents or thumb vents?

Tried bleeding it through rads and still the same. Put auto on flow and thumb on return

View attachment 19816

That's it. Already cleared the tee behind the pump that was choked. And now I'am getting a good flow through the cylinder flow and return. Would this blockage stop the pump suddenly stop and start again

Stone me Mutley that's a work of art that is mate ;) Make sure the wife's off the phone the Tate might be calling any minute

I'd get my magnet out and start hunting for blockages. I'd have the pump valves and cylinder return looked at first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Air or potterton suprima issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
I have an old Potterton suprima boiler with a hot water tank and pump. We have hot water but no heating, the light on the boiler is showing amber...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock