Discuss 300 litre Cistern has 15mm pipe to supply power shower . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Power showers are feed with only cold water from 300 l cistern with
15 mm plastic pipe .

2 and 3
Is no hot feed is six rooms and 3 x 300l cisterns that supply the rooms with cold water by using 15mm plastic pipe .

Shower requires 8.5kW but is powered by 230W

I have check water flow and is below 8l/min 6.5-7l/min
Everything is feed by 15mm pipe straight from cold water cistern .
Is 4 elbows that is reducing tje pressure.
I'll use no elbows everything will be bend on pipe bender .

I hope that will help .

Regards
Mirek

It's not a power shower op it's an electric shower and can't be fed off tank as they require a min of 0.8 bar of pressure

As ShaunCorbs has said, they are designed to be run off the mains. In theory they could be run from a cistern, provided this was about 10 metres (4 storeys) above the height of the shower head, but if the cistern runs dry there is a serious risk of scalding to anyone having a shower at the time.

Given the difficulty there has been in establishing what you are dealing with you might consider the dangers of continuing outweigh the value of the work.

Well all that effort, it's an 8.5kw shower run off cold water tank, minimum you need 0.7-1.0 bar pressure with minimum 8 litre/minute flow rate, unless you can provide the pressure they won't work.

Possibly an accumulator, but there are others more commercially inclined who will give better advice.

There are electric showers with an integral pump built inside which are gravity fed and need only 8cm of head. I've installed these in b and b's due to mains being starved. Might be looking into and might be an easier fix for you. Noisy beggars though! The ones I've used are made by triton

I've also fitted a pumped electric shower before. The pump and 8.5KW heater are both inside the unit. Worked a treat in a similar situation but yes, very noisy indeed!

Mira elite 2 is one example of a cistern fed electric shower. Noisey buggers indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 300 litre Cistern has 15mm pipe to supply power shower . in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock