Search the forum,

Discuss Can I place my shower pump as shown in diagram? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

My shower, toilet, and hotpress are all on the same wall in a small apartment bathroom. The wall is 1,860 mm in width.

I bought a Stuart Turner 2.0 bar universal twin shower pump to power my new shower. I am replacing the toilet with a wall hung one supported by an Ideal Standard Prosys half frame. The toilet, cistern and shower are not installed yet.

There really is no room in the hotpress for the ST pump so I'd need to put it in the wall which houses the toilet pipes and concealed cistern.

I read that the ideal position for a pump is on the floor next to the hot water cylinder. If I can't do that could I place the pump as shown in green in the attached diagram? Would that even work if it had to be 15 inches off the floor (due to the toilet frame) and 36 inches from the centre of the HW cylinder? An alternative would be to build it into the wall protruding into the hotpress and figure out how to allow access to it for servicing. I could allow access by making some of the tiles (45cm square) removable.

shower-pump-location.jpg

Any thoughts?

Dave

-------------------------------------------

See photos of location below.

toilet-wall-and-hotpress.jpg
could-place-in-wall-here.jpg

Should work. It's not on the floor, but at least the hot pipework will run sloping continuously down to the pump so it won't airlock. Floor by cylinder is not the only place you can use - it's just usually convenient.

Worth reading this for all the information you never wanted to know: https://www.mirashowers.co.uk/media/1455/miras-guide-to-pumped-showers.pdf

You'll see Mira doesn't like flanges, but won't be a warranty issue as Stuart Turner DOES like flanges.

Reply to Can I place my shower pump as shown in diagram? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock