Search the forum,

Discuss 3" cast iron soil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

ladyzplumb

Hello,

After a bit of advice, I need to connect a 40mm shower waste into an existing 3 inch cast iron soil stack serving 3 flats in a large block. Unfortunately i can't replace whole stack for plastic as would change aesthetics of the building plus too may iron joints going straight into the back of it.

Can you get strap on boss big enough to take shower waste. The only thing I can find is a macalpine fitting

BOSS82TCAST-BL 1½"

However it fits into the stack with just a 22mm hole and is therefore only suitable for a condense pipe.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

The 3" soil pipe only takes waste from kitchen sinks and bathroom wash hand basins currently. The toilets are connected to a 4" stack on the other side which I can't get to.

Thanks in advance

Saint-gobain time saver will do something super easy to fit as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3" cast iron soil in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I need to this cast iron pipe back as my new back to wall toilet won’t fit otherwise. Cutting it back i am going to lose the collar. So what fitting can I get for it I would like a flex as it will easier for me when installing the new toilet
Replies
Views
Hi, Helping a friend, his soil stack is cast iron. The bath and basin wastes (all removed now) went into individual entries on the stack. These are iron pipes, with what looks like a female internal thread into which there is some sort of metal reducer with what is maybe a compression fitting...
Replies
Views
Hi Oracles of all things plumbing, I have to replace a cast iron soil stack which is simple enough, done a few up here in Scotland, however, client wants to retain the 3" toilet waste as he does not want an enlarged hole making in a newly rendered wall, which 110 to 75mm fitting is best? trying...
Replies
Views
Fitting a new toilet onto this old cast soil pipe that only fits in about 2inches. It's coming through the wall at an angle and can't be changed because of an extension below. The new pan connector keeps dripping on a full flush any ideas on a solution other than silocone which the old one had...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and then through the kitchen to the drains. A while back I started to hear a drip hitting the kitchen ceiling (now with some ceiling evidence too) from...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock