Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss 3 Bar Pressure Reducing Valve - Knocking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spud

Hello - first up I am not a plumber, so am hoping that my problem is one of those really easy things to sort out if I was!

The 3 bar pressure reducing valve fitted to the cold water inlet pipe to my Heatrae Sandia Megaflow in the airring cupboard has just started to make a thumping or knocking noise as soon as we turn on any hot water taps in the house.

It looks as though the black cartridge part of the valve is bobbing up and down in time with the knocking noise - it sounds like pump.

Any ideas how to sort it?

Get a G3 registered plumber to look at it. Will probably need to replace the combination valve but could be other faults.

Should be serviced every year. Not a cylinder / system to be touched by anyone without the correct (G3) qualification. They can be dangerous if not properly looked after.

As above get a qualified guy to look at it. But did have a similar fault with a Ariston cylinder due to the expansion vessel fitted incorrectly. Unlikely to be your problem as mega-flows have expansion vessels built in.

Get a G3 registered plumber to look at it. Will probably need to replace the combination valve but could be other faults.

Should be serviced every year. Not a cylinder / system to be touched by anyone without the correct (G3) qualification. They can be dangerous if not properly looked after.

Thanks for the reply - my regular plumber is just finishing off another job, so has said he will come round early next week.

The central heating was serviced in April, when the new valve was fitted - the last one had started leaking. The plumber is qualified - and very friendly.

Thanks for the advice though - I was thinking it might just be a cartridge replacement, which look relatively simple.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 3 Bar Pressure Reducing Valve - Knocking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am a homeowner and have a Valliant EcoTech 835 (2017). Serviced every year and worked like a treat until about a few months ago when I...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all. I hope one of you may have the answer i am looking for. I have four solenoid valves connected to the main water supply and they break all...
Replies
Views
Christos83
C
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock