Search the forum,

Discuss 28i Junior modulating in minimum mode in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nat

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone had come across this before or might know what the problem is.

Trying to adjust the air gas ratio on a 28i junior. Put it in service mode. Turn the dial to maximum. Boiler goes to full output. Adjust the valve to get the reading I need. All good. Then turn down to minimum and the boiler won't stop modulating up and down so impossible to get a reading to adjust the gas valve.

Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks,

Nat

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone had come across this before or might know what the problem is.

Trying to adjust the air gas ratio on a 28i junior. Put it in service mode. Turn the dial to maximum. Boiler goes to full output. Adjust the valve to get the reading I need. All good. Then turn down to minimum and the boiler won't stop modulating up and down so impossible to get a reading to adjust the gas valve.

Anyone got any ideas?

Many thanks,

Nat

what readings you getting on low? From to etc? What gas valve prettle or sit?

The gas valve may be so out of range its modulating because if that. I had one once that I could not get a reading off.

The best way to get there is to turn the boiler off and wind down the gas valve on high and low and adjust it that way.

When you first fire up the boiler it won't light until you start adjusting it.

Failing this I'd say its probably something pcb related, or electrical related atleast.

When you say modulating, is the fan speed going fast then slow or is the boiler cutting off, then firing back up? May well be that the gas valve after setting the high up, is now out of adjustment on low so much that it won't remain alight on minimum. If you call Worcester, they should give you the instructions on how to 'reset' the gas valve back to it's factory settings. You can then start all over again with the adjustment.

If the fan speed is going fast and slow, could be the fan is about to completely go. My guessing would be the gas valve adjustment though.

Here are the factory set gas valve settings that worcester will tell you. Print this off and use this, save on expensive phone calls to worcester :)
p

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 25
The above post is for a sit gas valve, but I found those more common anyway :)

you need to start from low flame

when you say modulating I am sure boiler does not fire and then fun clears burning chamber

put boiler on ch and turn thrmostat on 2 and then keep analyser in and adjust when stable and happy put to service and do the same
and after pls recheck low flame again just to be 100% sure

Yes agree with above, sounds like the gas valve had been incorrectly adjusted. My bet is the 4mm has been adjusted on max, then the boiler won't stay lit on minimum so ramps up to fire, then drops down, goes out, repeat etc.

9 times out of 10 you can turn the 4mm clockwise 1 full turn and it will be enough to stay lit and go from there.

allways adjust max first as its does have an effect on min settings, whereas min (4mm) does not have an effect on max once set.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly if you screw high/low right in the back 7 turns it should get you in the ball park figure

If it is a Prettle gas valve it will never be happy, change it for a sit valve, you can get a replacement kit which comes with instructions because some of the connected parts have to come out, its easy enough to do though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 28i Junior modulating in minimum mode in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock