Search the forum,

Discuss 22mm pipe slice not cutting all the way through in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, my 22mm pipe slice is not cutting all the way through pipe. It is getting pretty close to it the it just starts spinning. It is relatively new 3 months old Rothenberg don't understand it.

new blade/ rubbish pipe slice

Have you used it on chromed or stainless tube?....regards Turnpin:D

Hi, my 22mm pipe slice is not cutting all the way through pipe. It is getting pretty close to it the it just starts spinning. It is relatively new 3 months old Rothenberg don't understand it.

3 months is old!

After a couple of installs the majority of the time they have had it

I've been happily using the same 15mm Rothy pipeslice since 2012 and its been great up to now and only now does it spiral, I've just ordered one of the £9.99+vat ones Ray does, whatever brand they are.

Ive had monument ones all last year. Lasted all year. They don't spiral and still on same cutter wheels. Very impressed compared to rothys the last about a week

I am having the same problem with the rotten berger ones, spiralling g all the time. Think I shall gI've the kopex ones a try

Can't beat kopex for me, Iv tried most the others... Get years out of a kopex, I dont oil or tamper with them or change the wheels I'll just replace when they play up again there never the same once I take them apart lol!

Also have a Rothenberger for a little over 3 months and the blade had a noticeable crack in it. Got it for cheap but expected better from them.

I've never had a problem with my rothenberg slices, Ive got 2 old ones and two new never let me down, ive put new cutting wheels in them and give them a quick squirt of wd40 every couple of months

I left mine in a customers house after it began making spirals. I then saw it in her husbands toolbox on a follow up call.

Take it apart carefully and take a look at how it's put together before you remove the bits and clean and oil everything. One of my 22mm pipeslices started to not cut fully through the pipe. Just was dirt holding the spring and blade back.
I have Kopex 22mm cutters and they are excellent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 22mm pipe slice not cutting all the way through in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock