Discuss 2 rads won't heat up!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsmart

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
New boiler fitted all other rads down stairs heating up 2 bedroom ones on 10mm pipe won't heat up changed the valves and balanced still stone cold hot in the corner of but nothing else doing my head in I've flushed them out with a hose at a loss now

Are they teed in in the wrong place ie from another rad??

anything if you shut all the others off??

Blockage in manifold, or in pipe work to manifold, had this in the past with micro-bore it can be a pain to clear it, sometimes re-pipe to that rad is only option

We're they heating up before? #3
These the furthest the ones that aren't heating up?
Obviously bled air out!
Tried opening rad bleed screw with system running see if it gets warmer!!!

Last edited:
Seen microbore pipes being sqished by the floor boards...! Hope it's not the case.

you turned all the other rads off ? and forced it through

Yes mate house was empty for 6 months previously so don't know if they were heating up previously turned all the other ones off and forced through still no better changed another lock shield today and it started heating then went stone cold in the space of 5 mins again banging my head off a wall with it now

Yes mate house was empty for 6 months previously so don't know if they were heating up previously turned all the other ones off and forced through still no better changed another lock shield today and it started heating then went stone cold in the space of 5 mins again banging my head off a wall with it now

the only thing and last thing to do now is re pipe them

I had a problem radiator the other day, would not heat up at all. Discovered a blockage in the 10mm flow.

Tried pressurising system to 3 bar and then connect hose to rad valve to see if it would force the muck out, but it was literally just trickling out. Ended up back filling the flow pipework through the radiator valve from a garden tap. Disconnected the hose from the garden tap and let the water flow back out, loads of black crap came flying out. Did that a few times and it worked perfectly then.

Could be worth a try before re-piping?

Must be manifold microbore . Probably works okay before manifold connection.

I had a problem radiator the other day, would not heat up at all. Discovered a blockage in the 10mm flow.

Tried pressurising system to 3 bar and then connect hose to rad valve to see if it would force the muck out, but it was literally just trickling out. Ended up back filling the flow pipework through the radiator valve from a garden tap. Disconnected the hose from the garden tap and let the water flow back out, loads of black crap came flying out. Did that a few times and it worked perfectly then.

Could be worth a try before re-piping?
Nice one!
If blockage then shifts would get plenty cleanser in system for few days before flushing out few more times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 rads won't heat up!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm a reasonably experienced DIY plumber but just can't work out why the last new rad I've installed is cold - would really appreciate your...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the...
Replies
Views
O
Hi All, We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back