• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss 2 port valves or 3 ports valve ?? in the Water Underfloor Heating Installations area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys
Is it better to have two 2 port valves or one 3 port valve to control the flow to either dhw or underfloor heating ? Cheers

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
2 ports least then if one fails you don’t loose both eg if hot water fails you have heating etc

It's what I'm most used to and it works so I stay with it.
As good a reason as any , ok Simon on the system already it has a flow obviously from hear pump to cyclinder , before cyclinder it t' s off one side to heating , other to dhw, on the dhw side into the cyclinder it already has a 2 port fitted to stop gravity circulation when heat pump is off , can I use this to do both jobs ? Stop gravity circulation and control dhw ?if I can all I have to do is put a 2 port on the heating side ??

If it’s the flow to the heat coil then yes only need one more
Yep it has the existing 2 port on the heat coil flow, that's brill news , thanks very much , I might be in contact again , trying to finish our new build install, plumber very kindly went bust and decided to go at insulation installation instead 🙄

Reply to 2 port valves or 3 ports valve ?? in the Water Underfloor Heating Installations area at PlumbersForums.net