Discuss 2 jobs i didnt get in the last month in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the new build work I've seen is absolutely shocking, wonky pipes, hardly any clips. It's all about speed, because there no recommendations or referral issues. Obviously your one of the rare ones Lee.

There was about 70 plumbers on the new build company and you are correct shocking work man ship. I had the chance a no of times to go direct to house builders and tender for sites but did not as getting good labour is hard only 10 per cent where any good and that's bad odds.

I try to sta away from new builds, most sites thesedays are badly run, you get constanly let down in some way..

The last site I worked on, timber frame bungalows

Six Rad CH System, Bathroom, Kitchen Sink and Hob - was getting £250 first fix, £550 second fix

you could easily do 1 1/2 first fix a day

Most of the new build work I've seen is absolutely shocking, wonky pipes, hardly any clips. It's all about speed, because there no recommendations or referral issues. Obviously your one of the rare ones Lee.

There was about 70 plumbers on the new build company and you are correct shocking work man ship. I had the chance a no of times to go direct to house builders and tender for sites but did not as getting good labour is hard only 10 per cent where any good and that's bad odds.

I try to sta away from new builds, most sites thesedays are badly run, you get constanly let down in some way..

Six Rad CH System, Bathroom, Kitchen Sink and Hob - was getting £250 first fix, £550 second fix

Still a lot more than a lot of day work lads working for company's.
I never seen the price list when I started for the new build company as I agreed a fixed weekly wage for 3 months then started on price if I had started on price on day one possible would not have stuck it out and when you look at the prices on paper there shocking and I seen so many lads not even last a week you have to give it time. lads that have done site work will know how fast you can get. lads that have not just think we make it up.

I never seen the price list when I started for the new build company as I agreed a fixed weekly wage for 3 months then started on price if I had started on price on day one possible would not have stuck it out and when you look at the prices on paper there shocking and I seen so many lads not even last a week you have to give it time. lads that have done site work will know how fast you can get. lads that have not just think we make it up.

good doe but a headache

the second fixing was a joke, they didn't have the water or the gas hooked up so you was getting told to hang and pipe, as quick as poss so the bank could release more money

what should of been simple, turned into long, prolonged jobs

give me house bashing any day of the week, at least you get made a cupa aswell ;)

All this house bashing and quick installs is annoying to me as a breakdown engineer. Boilers aren't installed correctly, condense and prv pipes are wrong, flues not clipped, boilers literally thrown on the wall, flushing especially is not done correctly. I just wish you could get paid on quality and not just quantity, cause a lot of installers would be going home with less money.

The worst is when you can't get access to the boiler to do repairs or maintenance because it's too close to the wall or a door, or the electrics, just poor quality and not thought through enough.

I love it on new builds when you can't get the cover off a boiler cos of an over enthusiastic kitchen fitter. Once you have had a fight with it and finally get the cover off, you drop the board down to discover it only drops half way down before it hits another part of the cupboard, bonkers.

its just becoming a utter joke i am losing boiler swaps because of powerflushing and upgrading the gas supply 3 boilers i have priced in last month an abit because that you dont need to upgrade the gas supply other companys say you need need to upgrade it. i am getting fed up of this guff

its just becoming a utter joke i am losing boiler swaps because of powerflushing and upgrading the gas supply 3 boilers i have priced in last month an abit because that you dont need to upgrade the gas supply other companys say you need need to upgrade it. i am getting fed up of this guff

I get this a lot aswel. I had one recently where the other two engineers who visited previously to quote said they would use an old gravity pipe to the cylinder that was totally boxed in as the new gas supply to the boiler (boiler moving to airing cupboard). It is then up to you to sell yourself and sound as if you are the expert, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I explained the other engineers were wrong and actually got the job in the end even though I was more expensive due to actually running a new gas supply. Not always the case, as most people just want cheap and don't care about quality until its too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 2 jobs i didnt get in the last month in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock