Search the forum,

Discuss 10 year old Bosch Greenstar Junior water sloshing noise, then fault in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I noticed the boiler making some strange noises last night. It made the same noise previously during a severe winter several years ago when the condensate exhaust which runs into a sink waste outside froze.
I checked the brass spiral filter and purged it and quite a lot of brown debris powder came out, it looked like rust but wasn’t gritty.
I partially drained couple of downstairs radiators with drains on and the water had a few particles and a bit discoloured.
I bled all the radiators.
I refilled from the water loop several times. It still sounds like swooshing water at times.
The boiler works for a few hours but then the error lights come on.
Pressure is good.
I read that the heat exchanger might be blocked with particles after googling the noise.
Ive ordered a Sentinal cleaner arriving on the 28th.
A service is slightly overdue, but it’s been done annually normally. Just booked in on the 29th so i wonder if a service might sort it after the cleaners ran for a few days. I’ve added chemicals before.
Medium term I’m inclined or get an eon boiler grant but I understand there’s a backlog and it cost £350 which I’m happy to pay if this is doomed as I’m quite disabled and don’t like timebombs.
Can anyone perhaps give any advice as the temperatures aren’t freezing so I don’t think it’s the condensate pipe issue again?
thanks

Attachments

• F11CC9CF-569E-4254-9197-C13780EAD04D.png
    F11CC9CF-569E-4254-9197-C13780EAD04D.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
when was it last serviced ?

sounds like it needs to be serviced and a part cleaned (this shouldnt be an extra as its normal under a service)

when was it last serviced ?

sounds like it needs to be serviced and a part cleaned (this shouldnt be an extra as its normal under a service)
Best guess on the service is 1 year ago. Maybe a bit longer as covid has screwed things up a bit. Do you think I should get a new one under the grant for 350£? I think I spoke to them 6 months ago when my boiler care was expiring and they said it included power flush, which I know might be needed? I think they fit Ideal which was in the house originally 12 years ago, and that era broke down all the time, but I understand now are very good.

tbh the boiler is around 12-14 years old its upto you but the boiler is near the end of its life around 16-18 years

Reply to 10 year old Bosch Greenstar Junior water sloshing noise, then fault in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock