Discuss 1 Radiator not working....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets assume then that:
1. You've tested it with open flow and return pipes.
2. The return pipe has adequate water going through it.
3. Therefore, the blockage, if any, must be in the flow pipe.
4. If you flush with mains pressure water from the open end of the flow pipe after removing the pipe from the offending radiator there is a risk that you will flush the blockage to some other place in the system.
5. If you find the other end of the flow pipe, which will either be at the zone valve for the heating, or at another, working, radiator, then:
5a. Disconnect it at that other end;
5b Flush through to the open pipe end located by the offending radiator. Doing so will tend to flush any blockage out of the open end, and no doubt into a bucket, rather than back into the system.

Lets assume then that:
1. You've tested it with open flow and return pipes.
2. The return pipe has adequate water going through it.
3. Therefore, the blockage, if any, must be in the flow pipe.
4. If you flush with mains pressure water from the open end of the flow pipe after removing the pipe from the offending radiator there is a risk that you will flush the blockage to some other place in the system.
5. If you find the other end of the flow pipe, which will either be at the zone valve for the heating, or at another, working, radiator, then:
5a. Disconnect it at that other end;
5b Flush through to the open pipe end located by the offending radiator. Doing so will tend to flush any blockage out of the open end, and no doubt into a bucket, rather than back into the system.

Thank you. I get what you mean but that is rather difficult to do I have no idea where the other end is once these pipes enter the wall into the airing cupboard it's so tight that without removing the cylinder you can see nothing. Thanks anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to 1 Radiator not working....... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I live in a flat that has communal heating through a single pipe system. I recently had replaced a deco flat panel (waffle) radiator...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Evening all. I have an open vented C/H system with a heat only boiler and 10 rads over 3 floors. I checked the system mid summer and all was ok...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock