Discuss Zone Valve positioning in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first time I looked at the intergas I knew would give problems, because there is a reason for the start of plate heat exchangers.
If you don't use a limescale device you find out soon you have to comeback to every single installation and intergas will tell to use a powerflushing machine with a specific quimical to descale, also one of my costumers had a problem with one under waranty but I end up fixing it because he got fed up with leaving message and waiting for a reply (that's how they work aparantentlly).
Just another thing, do you know how much is the fan and pcb?
Vaillant great boilers the ecotec plus!

Even if your house in not bigger than 150m2 and you don't have to install separated timer I would probably do it if you think that you gonna require heating times very diferrent one from another (ex: heating all day Saturday and Sunday in living space but not in the bedrooms, or work from home, etc).
You can also programable stats so you can control time and temperature separate in one unit.
I like the honeywell CM927 (7 day programmable stat)
CM927 7 Day Wireless Programmable Thermostat - Honeywell UK Heating Controls

The only thing you should be aware is that with trv's everywhere soe people adjust the trv's instead of adjusting the roomstat and I have seen many many cases where boilers have been working with all the trv's shut throught the internal by-pass. I would fit two lockshield valves in the towell rail to prevent someone from closing without the need of a tool.
Good luck!

In order to save money and have a good installation you can as you intend to anyway, the auto by-pass could be replaced for a towel rail in the bathroom as Prs999 suggested the only thing is that you have to run separate flow and return from before the motorised valves. Both zones can be controlled in temperature and time and both interlocking with the boiler.
Don't make the mistake of just fitting trv's everywhere because on that zone the thermostat will reach temperature and if that happens the boiler will carry on working even if all the radiators are closed.
trv's should be fitted specially in bedrooms and closed rooms, open areas where the thermostat is should be controlled trough the thermostat and ideally if the system is well designed and balanced, then all rooms in the same zone should heat up more or less at the same time.

Hi there, the position does not realy matter. What you should consider is that you may not need zone valves, deppending on the size of the house. You should have the system split if the house is over 100 sqm. If you do have two zone valves then is good to have an auto by-pass to help cooling down the boiler when overruning, the auto by-pass should be at some distance from the boiler in order to allow the cooling down in that bit of pipework ( some two, three meter would be good).
All the modern boiler have overrun.

The installation of terrier valves in every radiator is a good idea specially in the bedrooms, but that will not provide boiler interlock. In that case radiators will be shut but boiler will carry on working for as long as the programmer is on through the by pass. The by pass should be installed before the motorised valves because that will open when motorised valves close for boiler overrun in order to cool down.

Anyone understand any of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zone Valve positioning in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock