Discuss Zone Valve positioning in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

thanks

Firstly to defend Worcester bosch he did point out in a later email that he is only stipulating what the boiler needs to function as designed and not the regulations.

my current thoughts on a design are:
Boiler output to valve location (about 4 or 5 meters) then tap off before zone valves into bathroom radiator/towel rail and also a separate 22mm pipe in the cupboard with a bypass valve to allow the bathroom rad to be balanced a little and incase it is ever turned off. Then into the 2 zone valves for up and down and trvs on all of the rads.

The top floor stat will go on the landing outside the bathroom door? and the ground floor in the lounge? my thought was to put trvs on a all of the ground floor rads as well and then just removing the stat head in the room with the wireless thermostat in, leaving it constantly open?
My thinking being that if we ever change the way we decide to use the house (e.g. a log burner later, room use change) I can just move the thermostat and rad valve top into a different room and I won't have to drain the system to move the whole trv

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated

The only thing you should be aware is that with trv's everywhere soe people adjust the trv's instead of adjusting the roomstat and I have seen many many cases where boilers have been working with all the trv's shut throught the internal by-pass. I would fit two lockshield valves in the towell rail to prevent someone from closing without the need of a tool.
Good luck!

Even if your house in not bigger than 150m2 and you don't have to install separated timer I would probably do it if you think that you gonna require heating times very diferrent one from another (ex: heating all day Saturday and Sunday in living space but not in the bedrooms, or work from home, etc).
You can also programable stats so you can control time and temperature separate in one unit.
I like the honeywell CM927 (7 day programmable stat)
CM927 7 Day Wireless Programmable Thermostat - Honeywell UK Heating Controls

I like the sound of the Terrier valves, cheaper than the Honeywell ones.
Edig -the receiver box provides the boiler interlock. ;)

Thanks, I have tried to find out the info on the net with no definitive answer in regards to the specific boiler so I have emailed Worcester Bosch, I will post the reply here if I get one
dont put a worcester in theyre so over rated, if you really want to spend that kind of money put a vaillant in, if you want to save a bit then put an ideal logic

hate fixing worcesters, hate even more when customers see my face drop when i realise i've got to fix a worcester and they always say "what the matter worcesters are the best" yeah did worcester tell you that

The first time I looked at the intergas I knew would give problems, because there is a reason for the start of plate heat exchangers.
If you don't use a limescale device you find out soon you have to comeback to every single installation and intergas will tell to use a powerflushing machine with a specific quimical to descale, also one of my costumers had a problem with one under waranty but I end up fixing it because he got fed up with leaving message and waiting for a reply (that's how they work aparantentlly).
Just another thing, do you know how much is the fan and pcb?
Vaillant great boilers the ecotec plus!

The first time I looked at the intergas I knew would give problems, because there is a reason for the start of plate heat exchangers.
If you don't use a limescale device you find out soon you have to comeback to every single installation and intergas will tell to use a powerflushing machine with a specific quimical to descale, also one of my costumers had a problem with one under waranty but I end up fixing it because he got fed up with leaving message and waiting for a reply (that's how they work aparantentlly).
Just another thing, do you know how much is the fan and pcb?
Vaillant great boilers the ecotec plus!

what on earth are you trying to say, total goboldy gook

Hi,

Can we avoid the dreaded boiler conversation again, almost every post I have read seems to end this way and the only real answer is to avoid 'Friday afternoon' boilers!

To jump on the terrier valve lead the only real advantages I can see are if they are interlocked PeteWalker could you elaborate on the receiver, I have not managed to find reference to one for the terrier valves or any other ones really, do they link into a wireless timer directly?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Zone Valve positioning in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock