Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss X800 aluminium heat ex in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeebeedee

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
According to sentinel this is ok to use for up to 3 hours. Anyone got any experience of this?

The jet flow is what I get from the merchants. Wasn't aware there was two types.

The jet flow is what I get from the merchants. Wasn't aware there was two types.
ferroquest was killing ali hexs they made a new mix and re-branded it x800 jetflow would not trust it for long in a ali hex maybe why destruction's say max 3 hours

Anyone git a list of boilers with aluminium heat exchangers. I know some state it on the data badge like the isar/icos

Worcesters, Logics, Isar/cos, ATAG i'm sure there are more, cant think at the moment though.

Worcesters, Logics, Isar/cos, ATAG i'm sure there are more, cant think at the moment though.
plus baxi105/performa/main HE(though cheap to fix on them)main eco/pot appolo ferrolis,ravenheaps(writes them off £400 quid to replace just for part)are intergas all ali as well?

plus baxi105/performa/main HE(though cheap to fix on them)main eco/pot appolo ferrolis,ravenheaps(writes them off £400 quid to replace just for part)are intergas all ali as well?

So basically stop flushing with x800 and switch to x400

Just read on there website, its compatible with all metals, sounds better than leave in no longer than 3 hours, fernox f5 it is!

I've just dosed up a system with x800, read about in for a min of 1hr,but couldn't find a max time on bottle,but it did state "suitable for all metals"
Best I have a look at their website

EDIT
Just looked at their web site and it didn't state a max time, just says suitable for all common metals including aluminium
Can be left in system for a min of 1 hr or until satisfactory results are achieved

Last edited:

Ive got circulation problems on a job am doing tomorrow with a main in, was going to use x800 for couple hours ? X400 better ?

Don't put x800 anywhere near a Vaillant unless really well flushed out, or you will need a new pump!

I used f5 express today, great results to be honest. Put it in this morning left it running and went back this afternoon. Flushed every leg with the mains. Worked a treat!

Whys that Vern ??
Group service are replacing a huge amount of pumps, all common to x800 it swells the seals in the pump and burns it out, it also goes to jelly, indeed if left in a cold spot to can pour out of the bottle as jelly! Avoid!

Also had x800 take out a WB5 heat hex, I don't care what it says on bottle!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to X800 aluminium heat ex in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock