Discuss Work Wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Neildb

HELP WANTED!
During the past year Ihave been attending ‘The Plumbing Academy’ in Edenbridge where I have passedthe ‘City and Guilds 6129 Technical Certificate in Plumbing (Level 2)’. I nowneed to find an experienced qualified plumber who I can work with to allow meto pass the ‘City and Guilds 6089 NVQ (Level 2)’ which is the practical elementto the full qualification.
This mentor (classed as a workplace recorder) would allow meto work with them to gain valuable experience. He/she would assist me inproviding evidence for the qualification by taking photographs and certifyingthat my work meets the required standards.
The categories of work to be evidenced are essentially:
1. Safety - work location, safe use of equipment –ladders, towers, PPE etc

2. Preparation – holes, chases, fixings, access etc

3. Decommissioning and Installation tasks – replacementof all pipework, hot and cold services, heating and sanitation i.e. bathroom,central heating and above ground soil pipe replacement type of jobs

4. Maintenance of systems – taps, valves, traps etc andcorrection of faults – leaks, system noise, blockages, loose pipes etc

The 6089 NVQ course normally takes between 4 to 6months to complete depending upon the type of work and variety undertaken.
In return for your valuable input and experience, I willnot expect to be paid.
I have my own transport and tools.

If you can help me, please ring Neil on 01342 776555or 07807 239484

Many thanks

Good luck Neil, a lot of people are in the same boat as you, stick with it.

HELP WANTED!
During the past year Ihave been attending ‘The Plumbing Academy’ in Edenbridge where I have passedthe ‘City and Guilds 6129 Technical Certificate in Plumbing (Level 2)’. I nowneed to find an experienced qualified plumber who I can work with to allow meto pass the ‘City and Guilds 6089 NVQ (Level 2)’ which is the practical elementto the full qualification.
This mentor (classed as a workplace recorder) would allow meto work with them to gain valuable experience. He/she would assist me inproviding evidence for the qualification by taking photographs and certifyingthat my work meets the required standards.
The categories of work to be evidenced are essentially:
1. Safety - work location, safe use of equipment –ladders, towers, PPE etc

2. Preparation – holes, chases, fixings, access etc

3. Decommissioning and Installation tasks – replacementof all pipework, hot and cold services, heating and sanitation i.e. bathroom,central heating and above ground soil pipe replacement type of jobs

4. Maintenance of systems – taps, valves, traps etc andcorrection of faults – leaks, system noise, blockages, loose pipes etc

The 6089 NVQ course normally takes between 4 to 6months to complete depending upon the type of work and variety undertaken.
In return for your valuable input and experience, I willnot expect to be paid.
I have my own transport and tools.

If you can help me, please ring Neil on 01342 776555or 07807 239484

Many thanks
[/QUOTE

Has anyone told these training centres the UK does not need anymore plumbers.Or do you blame the guillable lemmins who keep them going.?

You cant blame peeps for job change but its so wrong that these training centers just keep ripping these guys off taking their hard earned coin/savings and to gain little or no work after!

the trouble is the law doesnt allow you to not pay someone and also you have to have employers liablity ,what if they have an accident or flood someones house out its just not that simple also doing it in college and doing it for real is vastly diffrent you come across stuff that doesnt happen in college i suppose thats why they want to do it but theres just to many hoping for loads of dosh that doesnt exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Work Wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back