Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester Junior 28i (programming setup) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Halligat1

I hope you can help.

I am not a plumber and have very limited knowledge of central heating.

I have the above boiler and the mechanical programmer has failed (I swapped this about 3 years ago as the previous one also failed).

The boiler provides hot water where needed and also provides central heating to the house (via a Honeywell DTE92E wireless thermostat) and underfloor heating in the kitchen (via a Siemens RAA20 mechanical thermostat).

I would like to have better control over the timing and temperature in each zone and thought the following may work;

1. Change Siemans and Honeywell thermostats for digital programmable ones
2. Change Siemans thermostat for digital programmable thermostat and change faulty mechanical clock for a new one OR a digital one on boiler

I hope I haven't missed any thing, but please let me know your thoughts, concerns and additional advice you may have with my thoughts.

Thanks for your time.

Halligat1

Both your suggestions will work. I would go fo 2 wireless programmable stats to keep things simple. Just remember to change jumper settings on one of them if required so they dont interfere. And a warning, some of the cheaper ones are very hard to programme.

Thanks for the response, really appreciate it.

So if I went with the first option 2 x wireless programmable thermostats (was thinking of Honeywell as a brand similar to whats already in place) would this mean that the boiler would be placed in the ON positon (I guess it would as the mechanical programmer / clock is out of the equation and boiler would now be controlled by above programmers.

With the second option.......If I was to leave the honeywell thermostat in place, then change the timer on the boiler (mech'/digital) and change the Siemans for a 2 wire programmable room thermostat (ie; drayton 75750) would there be any conflict with both timers ie; NEW kitchen thermostat calling for heat when time on boiler is not active ie; .....no heat being called for central heating by honeywell thermostat in hallway?

I do like the first option as you mentioned as its keeping everthing the same and simple, so for 2 x honeywell programmers this would be approx' ÂŁ200.....any idea on cost to install, I don't think this is something that I could? Looking at the second option is this something that I could do....as mentioned I did change the mechanical timer 3years ago and can change plugs etc :)

Again I feel like I'm waffling on here...but hope I'm making some sense. Thanks, Halligat1

Go wth first option. 2 prog stats do away with the need for independent programmers so is by far the simplest and most effective solution for you. The Honeywells are good but you could get 2 salus prog stats for less than ÂŁ200.

Last edited:
Go wth first option. 2 prog stats do away with the need for independent programmers so is by far the simplest and most effective solution for you. The Honeywells are good but you could get 2 salus prog stats for less than ÂŁ200.

wouldnt have a salus in my house!

To be honest i do use salus wireless stats, but not there programmable ones. These are the ones I refer to as being a nightmare to programme. Have a look on ebay, sure you will get some decent ones there at a good price. As for wiring they are pretty straight forward. Or just get a plumber in, would take an hour max.

To all who have responded thanks for your time and effort getting back to me....I think I am going to go with 1st option. The early reviews I have seen of the Salus Prog' Therm' don't seem too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester Junior 28i (programming setup) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar 18Ri to short cycle. So, the moment it gets cold outside my boiler works for about a minute, then stops, and starts again in about 5 minutes, then...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m writing on behalf of my elderly neighbour and hoping this is a problem someone on this forum has experience of and remedied. The boiler was not responding to the wireless thermostat. The various settings on the thermostat seemed fine and 3 heating times and temperatures were...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively old unit however, it is still in great working condition and has been serviced on a regular basis. I'd like to add a Nest Thermostat to control the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
It has become a common occurrence that my boiler is failing to respond when the thermostat kicks in. I hear an audible click from the heatlink when thermostat is turned up but nothing else happens. Our heating programmer next to the water cylinder is set to continuous and all looks OK. The...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
It has become a common occurrence that my boiler is failing to respond when the thermostat kicks in. I hear an audible click from the heatlink when thermostat is turned up but nothing else happens. Our heating programmer next to the water cylinder is set to continuous and all looks OK. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock