Discuss worcester bosch problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a greenstar 24i bolier out of warranty and has developed a problem there is a gurgling noise and it sounds like the boiler is contantly filling up with water, the condensate pipe is clear the pressure ok, and i have bled all the rads.
initially the reset button was flashing and the blue light also, I did the reset and after a couple of minutes the reset button start flashing again.
I wondered if anyone has a simple solution, fingers crossed

TIA

Chris

Sounds like you may stil have a problem with your condense.

Have you had it serviced?

hi chris,

going on your blue light flashing and your reset button also flashing with also the gurgling noise it sounds like either the flue overheat stat is being activated or the heat exchanger overheat stat is kicking in, possible probs blocked flue or heat exchange, sludged up system, pump seized. best bet would be to have a competant person take a look, id be thinking its more the heat exchange overheating and the safety stat is cutting the boiler out.

hi thanks for the reply, the flue seems to be clear, although listening outside near the flue it sounds like a kettle boiling, very strange, i hope to get hold of someone tommorow to have a look

check condensate where it comes out of heat exchanger, they have silicon/aluminiun heat exchangers and condensate corrodes it slightly and blocks outlet. gurgling sounds like heat exchanger full up
steve.

and if the heat exchanger backs up enough your fan will expire get someone there asap,if you can stop using it

I don't want to tempt fate, but the boiler seems to be working now (2 hours) after turning it off for a day then starting up and doing a reset again it seems to be ok, very strange. I also really need to get some boiler cover now.

Thanks for all the help so far

Chris

I don't want to tempt fate, but the boiler seems to be working now (2 hours) after turning it off for a day then starting up and doing a reset again it seems to be ok, very strange. I also really need to get some boiler cover now.

Thanks for all the help so far

Chris

This may be because the boiler has drain slowly over time

It may return. If it does your going to want to get it looked at

I would deffo recommend getting a service ASAP!

when you bled the radiators did you top the boiler up with inbuilt filling loop ? and was the auto air vent on top of the pump open? sounds to me like you may have had a bit of air in the heat exchanger? there is also a bleed off at the top of the boiler small length of silicone tube and a black butterfly shaped key to turn . be very careful if you do this whilst hot or you may get a face full of scalding water, best to do cold and put the end of the silicone tube into a hose and run into a sink or something so you dont get water on any electrics ( its right above the fan and you really dont want to get that wet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to worcester bosch problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back