Search the forum,

Discuss Worcester 35 HE plus boiler/ tr2 thermostat controller replacement in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

C

Catherine w

Ive moved into a house with a worcester greenstar 35 HE plus boiler in the garage. The TR2 thermostat controller is hanging loose on the wall in the living room, and is faulty. I want the TR2 replaced with a controller i can set a timer on, either digital or mechanical, the TR2 has three wires to it, one red, on yellow, on blue and i can see an earth cable connecting it to its metal back box.
I don't want to have to go into the cold garage to switch the heating on and to try to set the very complicated timer on the boiler itself. Being able to control and set the heating timing from inside the house is what I want to do.
All my visiting forums so far has found out that the TR2 seams to come with this boiler and opinions that it cannot be changed. However some people suggest that there is a work around.
Any suggestions or if you have experience of doing this, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, catherine.

Leave it on constant and control it via a programmer room thermostat on the wall ?

Eg wired combi pack 4 mains

Reply to Worcester 35 HE plus boiler/ tr2 thermostat controller replacement in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 29CDi Classic boiler. I replaced the old thermostat controller with a smart dual-channel HIVE one. I...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar...
Replies
Views
Last May had a new Greenstar 4000 boiler fitted and only recently started using the heating. Once the set room temperature is reached the boiler...
Replies
Views
Boiler and Megalow mistery Hi, Just moved into a house from a flat and I have a couple of queries. We have a Worcester gas fired boiler -...
Replies
Views
I have bought an old house in rural France and it has an oil tank and Unical oil powered boiler (Italian I think). Its a beast of a thing but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock