Discuss Worcester 18/25 Heat slave in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you checked to make sure that it was signed off by building control you will neef the number for your form or the oftec installers number otherwise you cant commission it
On the CD11 its a check box that asks if the CD10 was present and completed - thats yes or no. It then asks if not, blah blah is there a building control number, yes or no.
I just tick no where appropriate. When I do the notification I just notify the commissioning, not the installation. Nothing wrong with that as far as we are concerned but I do tell the custard that the installation wont be registered and if BC come looking, your installer will have to ask for retrospective.
I ran this by by OFTEC inspector a couple of weeks ago and he confirmed thats exactly the correct route.

The regulations are quite precise if not approved by building control or not installed by oftec installer or othet vompetent petson then its an illegal installation and you cant commission it.
Check your building regs

Last edited by a moderator:
seems then that theres an awful lot of illegal installs out there, but I have yet to see anyone prosecuted as oftec is a waste of space in hunting down illegals, and BC is happy to take your cd 11 as proof the systems ok and grant a retrospective or completion notice to the householder. After all if theres anything wrong I'm not going to sign off a system, unless I am paid to bring it up to spec and then everything will comply anyhow. Not the best way of doing things but thats how it is till someone starts enforcing the so called regs.

We know there are a lot of illegsl installs. Manufacturers used to commission boilers that plumberd installed because they would sell more boilers. Oftec took them to task and they dont do it any more. I was at a heating show about 8yrs ago when the oftec contingent pointed out the regs

and in the intervening 8 years whats changed? NOTHING TO MY KNOWLEDGE

bleeding caps lock and breathe :)

I've had a busy day today so haven't managed to speak to the client or go back over there. I'll call him tomorrow. I'm going to fill the cd11 in. Note no fire valve. Register the boiler with Worcester Bosch and tell them to go out to it.

The don't have the figures in the boiler. Just the nozzle on the data plate.

They have me the info. Whether it was right looks doubtful.

I won't register it with building control via OFTEC until the fire valve is fitted. I think that's fair and reasonable.

The clients dad fitted the boiler and system (ex plumber apparently) so if he wants to fit a fire valve I will pop back and check its in the right position and sign it off.

I had oil boilers signed off for years. People openly advertise the service of signing off oil boilers. It's not the same as with gas. As I said I won't sign off a gas install but with oil appliances it seems common practice.

The regulations are quite precise if not approved by building control or not installed by oftec installer or othet vompetent petson then its an illegal installation and you cant commission it.
Check your building regs
With immense respect, I think you're mistaken. Ive just now emailed my local inspector for the 'party line' but notification of a commission isnt dependant on notification of an correct installation. This is why there are 2 separate options on the Works Notification portal. So when commissioning, you are not beholden to a notifiable install...

Reading the small print on the CD11 IMPORTANT COMMENTS:
The comments may include advice on remedial work necessary to enable the installation to comply with the requirements of the Building Regs, Control of Pollution and British Standards

So, part of the commission is to make a note of any failures to comply. I cant find anywhere that says "This installation complies with Building Regs etc.....signed...."

Im having self-doubts now about the whole procedure...

to show compliance with the building, health, safety and efficiency regulatory requirements and the manufacturers service
and commissioning instructions. This also enables the technician to record any
discrepancies or concerns they have with the installation as found.
Its still a bit wooly..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Worcester 18/25 Heat slave in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a worchester heat slave 18/25 and continually needs bleeding of the Kero, runs all day when bled. when it cuts out on the stat it wont...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a...
Replies
Views
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a...
Replies
Views
S
Heatslave 18/25 not firing. No heating or hot water but no lockout light and diverter switch is locked in place. Hot water was scalding hot...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has developed a 'fault' recently. When I switch the heating on, the fire in boiler starts for a second or...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock