Search the forum,

Discuss Wish we could report idiots in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Like that twonk with the unvented that has kept us so entertained. It's just not right. And booooo Adam for closing it. I wanted him to get banned. He just never showed any sort of understanding that he was wrong

Like that twonk with the unvented that has kept us so entertained. It's just not right. And booooo Adam for closing it. I wanted him to get banned. He just never showed any sort of understanding that he was wrong

Of course he wouldn't see that the was in the wrong! He's an engineer. Knows everything, can do everything. Coz he read it in his book.

I just wish Gas Safe, IGEM, HSE et al would just remove the word "competent" and replace it with "licensed". That would put an end to all this nonsense. At the end of the day, the GSR registration is a licence to work on gas.

You can be competent to drive a car but must not do so without a licence, no confusion there, is there? Should be the same with gas, electrics, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
You were all starting to circle. You saw the speedfit and copper mixture and you could smell blood. Had to close it really. And technically there's nothing to ban him for. But he'll be back soon enough!

We could have circled a lot longer. Plenty of mileage on his work and his ' please mr moderator, make them stop'.

Ah well its pool tonight.

You gonna close the 3 minute hot water one? Think shes stuck on a roundabout :)

Of course he wouldn't see that the was in the wrong! He's an engineer. Knows everything, can do everything. Coz he read it in his book.

I just wish Gas Safe, IGEM, HSE et al would just remove the word "competent" and replace it with "licensed". That would put an end to all this nonsense. At the end of the day, the GSR registration is a licence to work on gas.

You can be competent to drive a car but must not do so without a licence, no confusion there, is there? Should be the same with gas, electrics, etc.

That's a very good point. The word competent is open to interpretation and a lot of people think they are competent when others clearly know they aren't. It leaves an unnecessary grey area and almost makes a mockery of all the people who do the correct training and pay for the courses and Gas Safe registration. When by definition we are competent anyway so why should we be made to pay?

This one had been going for days mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wish we could report idiots in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock