Search the forum,

Discuss Why/ How are Baxi boilers so much cheaper than Worcester Bosch? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Mitchell

Plumb Bob
Plumbfix are selling the Baxi duo tec 24 for £560 ex vat and the WB greenstar 25 SI £898 ex vat.
Baxi has 7 year warranty, WB 5 years.
Why are WB boilers so much more expensive?
After going to a couple of WB training days, I was really impressed. I've been telling customers that they're the best, but with the price difference, Im not sure.

guess they buy them in pallet load where the wb are had when there needed

Which one is easier to sell to a customer? The Worcester. Because they immediately think its quality. (Wrongly in my opinion)

So basically you're paying for the name badge.

It's like comparing a ford fiesta to a audi a3... Quality comes at a cost ;)

Baxi is a much better boiler than a Worcester just priced more realistically

Worcester, vaillant are over priced crap!

The only German one I'll entertain for now......is Viessmann.

Insure you fit magnaclean or similar for longevity and preclean the system or no boiler will last

Worcester sell to the customer via advertising and not to the installer in my area 9/10 quotes I do the customers know what boiler they won't and ask for Worcester so most of the selling is done for you.

This is exactly the question I asked someone who was raving about Wustahs. I said so whats wrong with Baxi, name one thing. And he goes "They are simple and basic".
....since when that is a bad thing?

Reality Intergas on reliability and performance out performs all and priced in between after 35 years in the business I have never seen a boiler this good

Reality Intergas on reliability and performance out performs all and priced in between after 35 years in the business I have never seen a boiler this good

but it could be better tho like everything

This is exactly the question I asked someone who was raving about Wustahs. I said so whats wrong with Baxi, name one thing. And he goes "They are simple and basic".
....since when that is a bad thing?

I've been fitting baxi on a contract for a year, gotta say I love them!

Plumbfix are selling the Baxi duo tec 24 for £560 ex vat and the WB greenstar 25 SI £898 ex vat.
Baxi has 7 year warranty, WB 5 years.
Why are WB boilers so much more expensive?
After going to a couple of WB training days, I was really impressed. I've been telling customers that they're the best, but with the price difference, Im not sure.

There are three parts to this answer.

Firstly, thats an outrageous price for the Worcester 25SI. Shop around.
Secondly, thats a cheap price on the Duotec - is the last of their pre-ErP stock? The WB will definitely be ErP
Third, rightly or wrongly, the WB is the premium boiler in the UK market. Lots of WB haters will come on and moan about it, but the simple fact is that they are BY FAR the most requested boiler and are utterly dominant in terms of market share - 50% ahead of their nearest rival (which isn't Baxi, btw). Baxi is firmly mid market, despite their aspirations.

Yep knock WB all you want but they are the top selling brand and for that reason alone one my list of boilers im happy to fit.

I fit WB because the back up is A1!! Never had a problem with that side of things.

I agree with that they are pretty good on back up, mind you never had a prob with ideal

They turn up when they say and as long as your not a retard and fitted the cold main to the gas inlet they help you!

It's simple really

+1 and seen someone on a contract fit the gas to the cold inlet and cold mains to the gas to the boiler and normal cold mains to the mixer (someone got there pipes crossed) :D ended up flooding the gas main that was a fun day

Worcester charge what they charge quite simply because they can.

They spend millions a year on advertising to customer not just the installers which has worked wonders.

I don't think they are great boilers to work on but they are easy to install which is why so many installers love them and they do have great back-up service. Although most modern boilers are easy to install and I haven't had to phone Baxi support out as yet but I have been told that I will get next day call out so that's similar to what Worcester do.

They also sell themselves as well. The amount of times I go out and people say I want a Worcester is almost every job (the amount of them who have worcesters that I have installed is 0). This is all down to advertising.

I myself would never recommend a Worcester and recommend Baxi, I would recommend vaillant but I don't like them stealing jobs off me and they are so expensive. My grounds are they are cheaper and more reliable in my experience than Worcester. The one down side is if you want a baxi programmer its stupidly expensive compared to if you went for a Worcester and a few other bits you may need soon bump up the prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Why/ How are Baxi boilers so much cheaper than Worcester Bosch? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock