Discuss whole house booster pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have a job where I fitted a single impeller 3 bar stuart turner pump to boost whole house water but unfortunately customer is not happy as pump struggles to deliver enough flow and pressure to feed kitchen sink mixer and wash hand basin at the same time , let alone the new shower .
Has anyone ever done a breaker tank and booster pump to WHOLE HOUSE ? If yes what pump can you recommend me ?

I have fitted a 100 galon cold water storage tank so could feed the right pump .

It's a simple enough job Stan but I'm surprised the 3bar isn't with a sink and basin. Are you sure there aren't other problems before you go down this route? Such as cheap SV's or twisted flexis?

Pump delivers only 18L of water but pressure is really bad so from kitchen mice I get 18L flow of hot and cold but then if I open wash hand basin flow drops dramaticaly:(
customer had really high expectation and want to be able to run all taps in the house + dishwasher and washing mashine without a drop of flow :)

I fitted 100 gallon tank in the loft and new WB 34 CDI combi on the ground floor bathroom , pump is feed from a dedicated 22mm supply and pump is next to boiler .
Boiler delivers 12L of hot water at 65-70 degrees but if open another tap flow glorious down :(
just to explain that pump will also feed all cold water outlets : 1 shower + wash hand basin + kitchen + another wash hand basin + dishwasher + washing mashine and softener installed in later stage

i have done 1st fix on the new bathroom where they going to have a rain water head 400x400 and have piped it up 15mm !? wash hand basin 15mm and new pipe work to kitchen will be 15 mm too . there is 34 cdi combi that delivers 12L of hot water at 65 degrees

Who worked out the pipe sizes based on the water demands at the outlets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to whole house booster pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am currently using a Grundfos Booster Pump. This pump is fed by 2pcs of 1,000 liters water tank. Normally the pump would stop working...
Replies
Views
Background I have a small one-bedroom flat in the roof space in a victorian house. There are three floors below and each floor has a single...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock