Discuss Which wall hung frame make? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
After careful consideration, we're still going for a wall hung loo, with a large tiled removable access panel.

I'm not interested in an unbranded cheapie - this is definitely an area to get the best. I've seen a lot of positive stuff about Geberit, but on my last post an amount of negative stuff.
So, if Geberit aren't the acme of frames/cisterns, who are? Grohe? Ideal Standard? Others?

Many thanks

What are you fixing the bracket to? Is it brick or block work with applied plaster or is dot and dab or timber frame, etc? And what is the flooring? Chipboard, proper wood planks?

Hi, Recently installed a Wall hung loo (and sink!) on Gerberit frames. The frame was fixed to masonry wall and sits on 18mm chipboard flooring. We then enclosed with timber and 18mm plywood (lots of it!) and finally covered whole wall with 8mm, back painted toughend glass. Whole thing looks and works brilliantly! Strongly recommended...

Hi, Recently installed a Wall hung loo (and sink!) on Gerberit frames. The frame was fixed to masonry wall and sits on 18mm chipboard flooring. We then enclosed with timber and 18mm plywood (lots of it!) and finally covered whole wall with 8mm, back painted toughend glass. Whole thing looks and works brilliantly! Strongly recommended...

With a concealed cistern?

Yes. We had the glass cut for the 2 hanging threads, water in, waist out and rectangular cut-out for the flush mechanism...

Just read your post again - it seems your concerned about access if something goes wrong. You can isolate the water inlet (through an internal valve), access and maintain all the flush workings through the removable flush plate. So I don't think you need to provide any access other than that available through flush plate - cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
The first one will be in a 2m wide stud wall. I was thinking 2"x4" studs to reassure SWMBO, who has reservations. Floor is going to be 19 or 22mm Hardieboard on first-floor joists (may have to put noggins in - any advice?).

After reading about compression/cracked tiles, was thinking of a cement board for the enclosure (min thickness?) , which is a false wall across a 1200mm alcove onto timber framed airing cupboard. Framing will be reclaimed 75mm studs. Then tiles, probably ceramic.

I would feel happier having complete access through a removable panel and don't mind the small amount of extra work. My Father-in-Law did this & it worked well. Grouted in it was invisible. Need to know where it is though, maybe a diagram pasted inside the airing cupboard.
Thanks

Yes. We had the glass cut for the 2 hanging threads, water in, waist out and rectangular cut-out for the flush mechanism...

Just read your post again - it seems your concerned about access if something goes wrong. You can isolate the water inlet (through an internal valve), access and maintain all the flush workings through the removable flush plate. So I don't think you need to provide any access other than that available through flush plate - cheers!

I'd read that, would be interesting to hear from someone who had actually done it: it may be possible, but must be easier with nothing in the way? You can undo the speedometer cable in-situ from a real Mini gearbox, but it would be easier if...

Most likely doing one tomorrow I'll take a picture for you.

Sorry bud, it turned out the customer didn`t have what they thought they had ! :mad2:

Edit. I have isolated the water and removed the flush valve via the small hatch before when it wouldn`t stop dribbling water into the pan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which wall hung frame make? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock