Discuss Which screwdrivers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchy01

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I'm about due to replace my ancient screwdriver set. I want the normal I think I. E couple of different sized Phillips, slotted electrical and a stubby of each. two factors really important and comfy handles and magnetic tips. Not too fussed on budget as my last ones have lasted years so I know it's money well spent but I don't want to spend for spending sake. Any recommendations please chaps...

I like my Stanley set had them over a year which is longer then I have kept wera, rotherberger, irrizola, bahco, spear and Jackson sets for

Totally agree, Stanley and bahco or great , but even most cheaper ones will do fine as at the end of the day the just get lost or left under bath panels or floor boards lol

Screwdrivers............i've learned over the years a good screwdriver is one that fits your hand and fits the screw and i have bought literally 100's. Never mind all these £40 -50 quid lazer special hardened rubbish with the fancy name tags. They all wear down just the same and are no better.
Buy a decent 3 to 4mm flat screwdriver for your electrics (btw some of the best electrics screwdrivers i've had have been those £1 neons) everything else buy to suit your hand even if it is the £1.50 screwdriver from the B&M shop.

Btw the only screwdrivers i have that have lasted me 40 years are a yankee (2 of them ) and a 12" orange handled ck pozi.

i liked Stanley ones and also bought some facom ones for electrical , also the ck ones have lasted well , found going through the local diy shop and then seeing what I liked as in comfort , quality , price etc and then looked online and found some very good deals as in box sets etc

the sites like Amazon were useful when they had customer feedbacks

some of the boot fares were good for great deals, but was always worried about cheap copies

got some long reach Phillips and cross head ones for the neataheats etc

happy shopping

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Which screwdrivers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello, I'm a homeowner, not a DIYer. I have an almost 1 year old SaniCompact Comfort wall-hung toilet which has worked flawlessly until about a...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I want to replace the electric shower in my flat and I'm not sure which is the best option for me.. I want something powerful, but also...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock