Search the forum,

Discuss where to buy the white screw thingy with caps to screw pan down? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B&Q have them.

i'd never let my van be seen near a B&Q, homebase etc, I like to think Im a proffessional installer

I only remembered they sell them because I was the 'Expert Plumber' in one of their warehouse stores in-between jobs. Don't tell anyone, that's between me and you.

i'd never let my van be seen near a B&Q, homebase etc, I like to think Im a proffessional installer

Imagine how I feel then when I need something on a Sunday that we have in stock. Do I get in the car, drive to warehouse, unset alarm, search 15,000 square feet for wherever we keep it (its never where I remember from 20 yrs ago!) eventually get item, re-set alarm, drive home again?

Or do I nip round to B&Q which is 2 mins away, and pay retail for it, whilst cursing under my breath the whole time?

Screwfix? White domed cap screws? What happened to the good old 2 1/2" 3" brass screws.

If you go down to TOOLSTATION today, your in for a big surprise.........cos every plumber and his dog is in there getting stuff you cant find over the counter anywhere else........oh and trying to look professional .

If you go down to TOOLSTATION today, your in for a big surprise.........cos every plumber and his dog is in there getting stuff you cant find over the counter anywhere else........oh and trying to look professional .
I flick through the Toolstation catalogue then go to PlumbFix myself.

dont remember quoting tool station in my post, but if you have to try and look professional!!!!!!!!!!

They are called pan fixing kits :)

The strongest caps are sold at the plastic centre that sells plastic architraves and beading for double glazing. All the ones from the diy places dont last very long and if you are too heavy on the screws they split.

I got the ones from toolstation this morning. To small they were though. So I ended up mastic ing them onto the screws. Do the come in different sizes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to where to buy the white screw thingy with caps to screw pan down? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Where's the best place to buy them? Idea is to install them myself.
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help I'm trying to put some verticle blinds up in my new build flat. I feel the wall is plasterboard above where i need to...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, I have just removed a bathroom radiator and now wondering how to plug the end? Am I right in understanding that I should screw a...
Replies
Views
P
quality product wanted, my 1/4 turn kitchen sink tap inserts need replacing and i am looking for ones with a spindle gland nut, rather than a...
Replies
Views
Pete Williams
P
hi one of the screws holding my toilet pan to the floor has broken when trying to remove it , there is only about half an inch showing , i have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock