Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss When does a room become a compartment? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
have you talked with your manager yet like to know the outcome of this if he over rules you id be tempted to call gas safe in

Met the gaffer yesterday...to be fair he's a good a bloke who's only just come off the tools. Was still adament it's a compartment cos it was under 5m/3 but because it was an out side toilet and seldom used and he did tell me that when he did the post complete inspection he took one of the doors off ( the toilet had those salon doors on) so he didn't have to ar the boiler and advised the owner on the ventilation regs.

Nothing came of it and was just happy to have a chat about the regs....which to be honest did me some good as i needed brushing up on some stuff.....so all's well that ends well.

thanks a bunch for all your input lads.

But did you have the MIs? In the absence, don't you consult the gas regs, which states that any RS boiler can be installed anywhere, but a consideration should be made before installing?

Having said that, BF boilers do get very hot don't they.

no didn't have the mi's at the time didn't even give it a thought to be honest beings as like you say the boiler is room sealed and it was as far as i was concerned at the time it was a room and not a compartment! easy but silly mistake to make.

A BF boiler in a compartment with no vents must only be NCS, when would it be AR?

A BF boiler in a compartment with no vents must only be NCS, when would it be AR?
here here kirk. Balanced flue boiler compartment ventilation, thats if it is a compartment require for cooling air only. So if theres a toilet and basin in this space under 5m3. I think I would be more concerned with burning my bum on the boiler.

it can't 5m cubed it its got a bog in it, it must be 5m squared floor space.

It was but mi's state cos its in a compartment it needs additional ventilation.
Dont know if you are confussing combustion ventilation with cooling ventilation?
If this is a Balanced Flue(BF) boiler as you state, this would only require cooling ventilation in an enclosed space and in absence of this would only ever be a NCS situation. This would never be AR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to When does a room become a compartment? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock