Search the forum,

Discuss What the deal with this flush pipe to pan connecting plate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Want to change flush pipe while changing cistern. Would it likely seal if I just push another in (presuming the old one wants to come out.) And if it doesn't because something dislodges, tears etc.. on removing that plate thing what kind of seal is going to be inside, just a normal flush cone? Infact, could I just remove plate a use a normal flush cone? Presuming plate screws will undo.

Is it just there to keep the flush cone from popping out?

Seen one billion toilets, but, alas, they still have suprises among their ranks.

Thanks

IMAG0735.jpg

Been racking my brains, as I came across one of these yrs ago and can't remember what I did
Probably just used a nylon flush cone, sorry can't be any more help
Is the centre of the syphon (from the wall outwards) the same on the new cistern? if so just re-use

yea they take a stnd plastic flush cone

Looks like the screwed bit holds the flush cone in.

Not a bad idea imo

Does anyone lsx etc. Flush cones in?

Any tips?

Had a leaky one & took me a while of trial & error.

Looks like the screwed bit holds the flush cone in.

Not a bad idea imo

Any tips?

1. Use rubber rather than nylon if poss

2. Thin ring of plumbers mate round 1st and/or 2nd fin before pushing in

3. European pan bungs are different size and can be bought from toiletspares.co.uk

Any tips?

I`ve used Plumbers Mait on the outside of the cone a couple of times, usually find the problem is the pipe has been cut too short though.

PS. Agree with the above and rubber cone.

Last edited:
I don't use anything on these, if its the right size it shouldn't need anything extra, but I also prefer rubber flush cones aswell.

Im normally cursing the last person who silliconed/lsx'd a flush cone in as im bent over a dirty pan lol.

My heart sinks when you see silicone on the outside that looks like it`s been applied with a brickies trowel.

Mind you don`t shear a screw head off.

worst case scenario i guess is sheer screw off/screw won't bite > multi-tool plate off > new bung

that's the plan anyway. fate is usually sneaking up behind you with the lead piping regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What the deal with this flush pipe to pan connecting plate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock