Search the forum,

Discuss What is the purpose of this pipe? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone tell me what the pipe (with the blue isolator) is in between the pump and the motorised ch/hw valve? And should it be open or closed?

Recently had to isolate and drain the central heating system to replace some pipe work, turned everything back on, bled, balanced and refilled the system and all working fine but I seem to remember this blue isolating valve was turned off before it was all done but I can’t be sure.

I can trace the pipe to find out where it connects.

Attachments

• D9B794F7-CAEF-4C6A-AC20-1844AE838D0B.jpeg
    D9B794F7-CAEF-4C6A-AC20-1844AE838D0B.jpeg
    394.8 KB · Views: 10

Reply to What is the purpose of this pipe? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
Hey all, Looking for some advice. My mother recently had her boiler changed but in the process the water had to be turned on and off as you would expect and the engineer broke of the handle. Luckily it seems you can close the valve with some pliers on the but I don't believe this is best for...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm running copper pipework for my new bathroom and there's a spot about the isolation valve which is really tight because everything has to fit behind the wall until it can run under the bath and there wasn't much space as there's a sink there too. Made a silly mistake with the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Recently all the water tanks in the attic were disconnected to connect to the mains water supply (mine was already on mains but the other 5 flats in the building needed to be connected to mains water) and the company were also going to fit PRV's and isolation valves to the pipework...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock