Search the forum,

Discuss What have you got your finger stuck in? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I think some guy on the tiling forum decided to shove his finger into the top of his wonder wipes and had to literally hot knife himself free as it was cutting into his finger as he tried to withdraw it.

As a mechanical engineering student when I was 17 I decided to push all four fingers into a paralles as if it was a knuckle duster and could not for the life of me get them off, I got a written warning for that.

like this but with 4 holes..

para.jpg

A mate once put a gold ring on his finger in haste, took 4yrs and a lot of money to get it off! :thinking:

Sometimes, just sometimes, I have to resist the temptation to repeat my Ronnie Corbett anecdote.......

Finger stuck in a 22mm hep socket.
and changing the wheel on my Milwaukee cordless pipe slice, I should have removed the battery!! Caught the trigger and jammed a finger in.

There was this burd at school once , but I think we will leave it there

As a mechanical engineering student when I was 17 I decided to push all four fingers into a paralles as if it was a knuckle duster and could not for the life of me get them off, I got a written warning for that.

like this but with 4 holes..

para.jpg

If I was your boss I would of clamped the parallel to the table of a grinder and slowly grind down just enough to take the pressure off, as a 17yr old you would of messed your pants I reckon watching that wheel get ever closer to your fingers. :devil2:

If I was your boss I would of clamped the parallel to the table of a grinder and slowly grind down just enough to take the pressure off, as a 17yr old you would of messed your pants I reckon watching that wheel get ever closer to your fingers. :devil2:

I think it would have burnt my fingers off before freeing them!

Edit...ah maybe not...a surface grinder with fixed wheel...yes

Last edited:
Right Phil here we go, just tell me when your finger get hot and I`ll add a little bit of White water. And I`m charging you for a new box of sparks! lol

Sometimes, just sometimes, I have to resist the temptation to repeat my Ronnie Corbett anecdote.......

Come on there must be newbs that aren't familiar with your relationship with the wee man

Not me, but one of my mates was messing around with a cable tie on his finger seeing how tight he could get it while still being able to get it off. I have no idea why he was doing this, just to clear that up. Anyway he pulled it too tight and his finger started to swell right up, we were all laughing while he was running around looking for something to cut it off. All he found was a junior hacksaw, resulted in a bit of blood but the circulation restored to his finger.

Not me but an old mate a year after marriage was climbing a fence to avoid having to pay a train fair (dont ask)
Bit of a lump weighs about 18 stone as he climbed up and got himself ready to jump back down he never realised wedding ring was too big to squeeze through the fence.
So down he went..
the ring stayed on but the finger didnt.

Not me but an old mate a year after marriage was climbing a fence to avoid having to pay a train fair (dont ask)
Bit of a lump weighs about 18 stone as he climbed up and got himself ready to jump back down he never realised wedding ring was too big to squeeze through the fence.
So down he went..

Aggggghhhhhhh!!:puke:

So down he went..

Talk about giving the finger to the train company!

Though it was a good idea to see if I could fit my finger in a bit of 1" iron pipe (may have been 3/4) in college
It wasn't, had to run the pipe(with my inserted finger) under the hot tap until it expanded enough to pull it out
Not nice at the time, as I ended up with a very warm, cut finger
Some other students found it hilarious apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What have you got your finger stuck in? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock