Search the forum,

Discuss Water saving taps push operated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, on water saving taps that you push down so water comes out for so long. Is there usualy anyway of making them stay on longer or are they just set to stay on so long and thats it?

I've seen an adjustment on these non concussive taps, there was a ring to turn underneath tap head.

Al

Yes they can easily be adjusted. The Bristan non concussive taps are the best and the easiest to work with.

The ones I have it looks like the whole top section can be removed. Is there usualy a screw or something that you turn to allow then to stay on longer?

I'm assuming that it's Pegler taps you have, if it is:

Time Adjustment: If the time delay factory set is not acceptable then it can be can be adjusted to a maximum 22 seconds. First locate the time variable control hole at the side of the indice hole on the front handle and with the use of the Allen key provided locate internally the time delay screw. Adjustment of the time delay is done easily by simply rotating clockwise to decreases the time and rotating anti-clockwise to increases the time.
Please note: Default setting of cartridge is at the maximum 22 seconds.

Flow Adjustment: The Pegler Yorkshire collection of self closing valves also offer adjustable flow control to be used in conjunction with the variable time delay feature.
The adjustment is made by carefully unscrewing the head of the valve (locate carefully 24mm open ended spanner on hexagon below push handle and unscrew – being careful not to damage the chrome finish) Once unscrewed you will notice 4 slotted windows around the plastic cartridge.
By pulling the plastic cartridge away from the valve head it can be re-positioned in a further 4 separate locations at around 360 degrees from its previous position.

Please note: Default setting cartridge is in the fully open position

http://pegleryorkshire.co.uk/MEDIA/DownloadAttributes/78828117_870-2.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water saving taps push operated in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock