Search the forum,

Discuss water pump , press control and pressure reducing valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

x3x3x3

I have e residential water pumb with a press control on it. After it I placed a pressure reducing valve. The dimensions of the fittings of the press control and the pipes is 3/4 in. The pressuee reducing valve is 1/2in . Do you see a problem with that? I mean will the pump be stressed because of the narrowing from 3/4 to 1/2 ? The reason i am asking is because the prv leaks and must be changed. So I want to see if it is betterto replace it with a 3/4in prv

What does the instructions say?
If it was me I`d keep it at 3/4"

Did u not have the option of purchasing a 22mm pressure reducing valve , ?

every prv i have fitted came as 22mm (3/4) with reducers to go to 15mm
just use without the reducers

Same as Steveb. The ones I always use are 3/4" but have 15mm reducers included.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water pump , press control and pressure reducing valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
Hi, guys! Hope you are all well. I have four solenoid valves connected to the main water supply, and they seem to break quite often. I believe it's the pressure that's causing this. I was thinking of adding a pressure valve to control the pressure before it goes through the solenoid valve. Do...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all. I hope one of you may have the answer i am looking for. I have four solenoid valves connected to the main water supply and they break all the time. I too have them istalled based the manufacturer requirments but i believ the water pressure is too high and they don't last long. I was...
Replies
Views
Christos83
C
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the AUTO (adaptive mode) setting on this the new pump or which mode it is best set at (recently had our old 3-speed pump replaced with the above smart...
Replies
Views
Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a steady stream without stopping. Seems to be coming from water heater but I cannot tell. It is cold water. When I turn off the main water supply, it...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock