Discuss Water pressure issue Grundfos Amazon water pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Balmoral Green

Hi plumber forum users,

recentley, I've lost all water pressure on the 1st and 2nd floors of my house, but there is still water on the ground floor. The reason I'm on here is because I've had several plumbers come to give me a quote for a fix, and they have given conflicting advice, hence I'd like some more impartial opinions so I can decide what repair to shell out for.

The property in question had a water pump fitted (Grundfos Amazon model) which has failed at just under 2 years old, and caused the loss of pressure upstairs.

At present, there is a large water breaker tank fed off the mains, to which the water pump is connected, which in turn is connected to 2 Megaflo cl210 cylinders. Even with this set up, water pressure was always poor on the 3rd floor of the property. All of the plumbing is in the cellar of the house, so a fair way down from the 3rd floor bathroom.

A couple of plumbers think that the water tank and water pump are not needed, and that the Megaflo connected direct to the mains would be all that was needed to supply good pressure to the entire house. Another couple thought that I need a new, more heavy duty water pump like a Grundfos max-e booster 5 bar pump. Not sure which plumbers advice to follow, and would appreciate anyone else's input/ opinion to consider...

Here are links to the pump and Megaflow as well of it helps;

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=megaflo...

http://www.bathstore.com/products/grundfos-amazon-...

I have seen the specs for the Megaflo say that it should be connected to the mains, but the previous set up worked okay until the pump stopped. Also, the Grundfos site suggests that the old pump was too small for a 2 bathroom, 1 showeroom 5/6 person household, hence I don't know whether to get rid of the pump all together, or take the other plumber's advice of getting a larger pump fitted :confused5:

Thanks for any help
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water pressure issue Grundfos Amazon water pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am currently using a Grundfos Booster Pump. This pump is fed by 2pcs of 1,000 liters water tank. Normally the pump would stop working...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just a quick question. I have a log burner and a gas boiler on a dual fuel system (Central heating and Hot Water) either can do both. The...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock