Discuss water leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got called out this morning to a leak. When i got to the job i was told the water was coming through where the smoke/heat detector was fitted on the ceiling. They had a bucket with a little bit of water in it. There was no water dripping through when i arrived. Went up stairs where there is a bathroom, thinking there was a leaking waste i checked all wastes, no sign of leaking. It seems to leak only when the cold tap on the bath is turned on, checked all visible and touchable pipework - no signs of leaking - so strange! It is an old property, i feel theres an old joint and when the pressure in the pipework is disturbed it then leaks and when the pressure builds up again it seals??? I'm scratching my head Their maintenance guys going to have a look tomorrow as where it's leaking was too awkward to get to on a sunday!

Can anyone shed any light, cheers

is it running down the back of the tap and through the tap hole? ive seen that before now

Got called out this morning to a leak. When i got to the job i was told the water was coming through where the smoke/heat detector was fitted on the ceiling. They had a bucket with a little bit of water in it. There was no water dripping through when i arrived. Went up stairs where there is a bathroom, thinking there was a leaking waste i checked all wastes, no sign of leaking. It seems to leak only when the cold tap on the bath is turned on, checked all visible and touchable pipework - no signs of leaking - so strange! It is an old property, i feel theres an old joint and when the pressure in the pipework is disturbed it then leaks and when the pressure builds up again it seals??? I'm scratching my head Their maintenance guys going to have a look tomorrow as where it's leaking was too awkward to get to on a sunday!

Can anyone shed any light, cheers

I saw a hep fitting once on a bath when water run it leaked but when shut off there was enough back pressure to push slightly back in fitting to stop leak

Could be like fuzzy says or if it's a shower in a bath silicone joints round the bath and have seen going through from round the seal of the overflow

the list of things is endless, I had similar last week for an old customer that i did work for years ago, I did not remember the job as the house had been totally renovated, well there was a bucket under the light fitting with a slow drip and upstair had a mega flow and a boiler in the loft conversion, the owner said the leak was coming from under the very expensive oak flooring at the door treshold. I told the customer I would not be prepared to take the oak flooring up and if push came to shove i would take part of the ceiling down, well after 10 minutes I found a leak on the filling loop even though it was switch off ,it was leaking from the centre of the isolation valve. I supplied and fitted a new filling loop and the customer was delighted as major work had been avoided. Something I have sussed is never presume the water is leaking directly from above, the leak in this case was about 8 foot away from where it was coming through the ceiling

Cheers for the response folks, much appreciated! One of the lads was there today pulled up a bit more floor (to be honest the place is a s**t hole and i didnt want to hang around yesterday) where there was a pump and 3 port valve, the leak was coming from a gate valve and had been leaking for ages, so after all that yesterday it was on the heating...unbelievable Jeff!! Still doesn't make sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock