From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Water Cylinder Leaking in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Firstly, apologies if this has been posted in the wrong section.

Been reading the forum for a while and had some good advice in the past. I have a Megaflo Eco Unvented Indirect Cylinder that has developed a small leak It is coming from what appears to be a blanking plug on a port that isn't used for the particular setup within my house.

Now, I'm a very experienced engineer but am aware of the rules and regs regarding working on gas heating systems and know that this is a job that would require a qualified heating engineer.

I just want some advice as to what would be required as I don't want to be ripped off or pay for unnecessary work. Would I be right in thinking that this is simply a threaded blank and what will be required is removal and re-install with PTFE tape? Or is it something more serious?

Any advice much appreciated.

Attachments

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer

Reply to Water Cylinder Leaking in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares