Discuss Waste pipes linked together in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPES

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Just been to a house where people have just moved in. When you empty a basin it back flows into the bath and shower tray before slowly seeping away. The water in the shower tray fills at a faster rate than it runs away and if you empty the bath it overflows the shower tray. More alarmingly when you flushed the loo some of it used to backflow into the bath and shower tray but I have now corrected this.

The bathroom had been recently done by the previous occupants with a view to selling the house. The guy who bought it wasn't very happy when I told him that all the tiled and boarded floor needs to come up and the job done properly.

typical, the waste is obviously piped up wrong, cud even put a mechanical trap in to prevent any back filling

There's no access to any of the waste pipework without ripping up a tiled and boarded floor, and if that is done you might as well redo it all properly.

guy must of thought it was a doddle, how hard is it to cut pipe and glue it together right ??:confused::confused:

Makes you wonder if the installers came on horses and wore hats ...

We have decided to pull down the ceiling in the room below to do it. It is a textured ceiling and the blokes missus wants it replastering anyway.

How could she?!!

Textured ceilings should be Listed and Protected to show future generations how great the 70's were for design and ...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

...........yeah with the avocado or chocolate bathroom suites and 2 tone 5" square flower pattern tiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Waste pipes linked together in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock