Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss very bad grumbling noise in water pipes at night in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

hi all, can you suggest what is wrong with my water pipes they all make a loud grumbling type of noise at night at random times. my hot water and central heating is off at night and not being used. i had a plumber call round yesterday but he said he does not know what the problem is. i said i would record the noise for him and he said he would call back and listen. the next door neighbour said he can hear the noise at 5 am when he visits the bathroom in the morning. could it that the noise is coming from the water pipes outside of the house and nothing to do with a problem in my home? it started 5 days ago after the gas engineer came and fixed the low pressure on my boiler but he says its nothing to do with him. any suggestions would be helpful thanks.

any suggestions would be helpful thanks.
It would be interesting to read your water meter last thing at night, after you've finished using any water, and then again in the morning before you use any water. Leave enough time for any cisterns to finish filling, of course. If the readings are the same the problem is outside your property.

Does it seem to be triggered by strong winds and/or winds in a particular direction?

It would be interesting to read your water meter last thing at night, after you've finished using any water, and then again in the morning before you use any water. Leave enough time for any cisterns to finish filling, of course. If the readings are the same the problem is outside your property.

Does it seem to be triggered by strong winds and/or winds in a particular direction?
thanks i will look into this , it did not make a noise last night so i am hoping it has resolved its self.

Reply to very bad grumbling noise in water pipes at night in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
I have just moved into a flat and the water waste pipe from the flat above goes through our bathroom. And the water comes into room. I call the...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in...
Replies
Views
There is a noise coming from my neighbour's house through the party wall. Sounds like a pump of some sort. They have had a new ensuite installed...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock