Discuss Vaillant EcoTEC Boiler Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I see what you mean now. So if it stops easily, then the pump is worn and therefore not circulating the water correctly?

The pump is less than 18 months old, so I would hope it is still going strong, but I suppose you can't be sure!

Is your cylinder downstairs with the boiker upstairs? If not it seams to be plumbed in upside down.
Also are there manual air vents in the airing cupboard? If so open them to get the air out. Also bleed all rads.
Tip: sometimes running system in heating only then hot water only whilst venting can help to chase air out :)

Is your cylinder downstairs with the boiker upstairs? If not it seams to be plumbed in upside down.
Also are there manual air vents in the airing cupboard? If so open them to get the air out. Also bleed all rads.
Tip: sometimes running system in heating only then hot water only whilst venting can help to chase air out :)

Says its his Mothering laws place bet its a bung-a-low with pipe work running in loft !! Still think its the cheep pump that's been fitted or an air lock in loft, Proberly AAVs in loft.

Thanks for your replies, everyone.

The boiler is in the cupboard with the water tank below (the tank can be seen to the right of the pipework in the photos).
Dan, what do you mean when you say it looks as if it’s been plumbed in upside-down?
There is a vent valve above the boiler, which had a very small amount of air in, and there is a valve attached to some pipes in the loft which had air in. I bled these but it has made little difference.

What is an AAV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant EcoTEC Boiler Issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd...
Replies
Views
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an issue I'm having with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler (R1 PCB). It was installed in 2013 and has...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock