Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant ecoMax 828/2E (VUW GB 286/2-C) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I wonder if can someone offer any solution... I have a Vaillant ecoMax 828/ 2E boiler which is leaking. To start the repair do I need to adjust the diverter valve to the middle position to purge the boiler? If so what function on the program do I need to go to adjust the diverter valve to the middle position?

Last edited:
The leak is not coming from the diverter valve, but from the end side of the pipe that is connecting the aqua valve to the secondary heat exchanger, (12 plates).
Yeah, quite a common place for it to fail. Unfortunately as the case forms part of the combustion circuit and you’re not in the gas engineers section, forums rules forbid us to give out gas related advice (I know it’s water but as I said, part of the combustion circuit).

Reply to Vaillant ecoMax 828/2E (VUW GB 286/2-C) in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no need for zone valves, controling it with a V-Smart and a VR10. I've spoken to Vaillant Tech and they said you cannot use the VR10 with a vented...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing with it as a matter of course. If I'm wrong can someone let me know and I'll shift it to a better place.] I have a condensing boiler installation...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It required a drain and refill of the system, and as he left, he advised my I would need to bleed all the radiators, at some point, given a few days, when...
Replies
Views
Hi. Boiler is a vaillant ecotec 615 unvented system boiler. I have changed the diverter valve plastic body (obviously no diverter valve in it). I had a tiny drip between this and the pump housing, so I have replaced this and replaced all seals around this and the pump. Upon running the boiler...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock