Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss using a mixer shower in conjuction with an electric shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

louise007

I am wondering if anyone here can tell me if a mixer shower can be used in conjunction with a power shower?
I currently have an electric shower with a galvanised steel tank.. so it's gravity fed. I orignally was going to get a combi boiler so I bought a themostatic mixer shower and was going to get a pump to help increase the pressure. I've been advised that my boiler/tank is in perfect working order so dont need to replace it.. plus it costs nearly £2.5k...
So I now need to know.... if I buy an electric shower can this be 'attached' to the mixer shower (TRITON EXCELLENTE) that I already have (ie: remove the shower head and attached the hose to the back of the one I have) cause I love this shower and really dont want or like the electric shower heads etc!

PLEASE HELP!!
smile.gif

Thanks

you've confused the hell out of me here

Ok ignore the combi talk then as your not going with that

There is a big difference between an electric shoer and power shower

Why dont you just fit a pump to the shower you have fitted now?

Am I right in thinking that you want to use an electric shower to feed a mixer shower

E.g. Outlet of electric shower to hot feed of mixer.

If im right, NO is the answer
Electric showers use the outlet as a safety device and you will be disabling that. Risking loads!

I currently have an electric shower with a galvanised steel tank...

So I now need to know.... if I buy an electric shower can this be 'attached' to the mixer shower (TRITON EXCELLENTE) that I already have (ie: remove the shower head and attached the hose to the back of the one I have) cause I love this shower and really dont want or like the electric shower heads etc!

I'm confused...do you have an electric shower or a mixer shower?
You can swap the shower heads, if it's a standard fitting.

Would be easier if you explain what the problem is and what you are trying to achieve. Is it a more powerful shower (increased pressure)?

lol sorry guys

Right i have a normal boiler (not combi)
I have bought a mixer shower
I do not want to have to put on the hot water heater everytime i want a shower (hot & cold feed)
I want to be able to hit the on switch and have hot water immediatley.
The pressure in the house is fine with my current electric shower
so... my 'new' shower is a fixed head rainforrest sytle one which has a thermostatic valve.. can i just connect the hose from the electric shower into the back of this.. so i have a nice shower head plus the convenice of an electric one?

Get a local plumber

I don't think DIY is your forte

i a plumber in my area would turn up for the job i would... hence the reason i'm on here asking so i can see if what i want to do is possible or if i have to buy a new shower.. wasnt going to do it myself!!!

Draw a picture of what your trying to acheive

I find it very difficult to imagine what your trying to explain
Sorry

my 'new' shower is a fixed head rainforrest sytle one which has a thermostatic valve.. can i just connect the hose from the electric shower into the back of this.. so i have a nice shower head plus the convenice of an electric one?

If you are asking can you put your new hose and shower head on your existing shower, almost certainly yes. Don't need any tools. Undo by hand, put on new one, with supplied washers inside, and hand tighten. You can use either existing or new hose, either existing or new head. 99.999% are universal sizes and will fit.

If you are asking can you have your electric shower running through your thermostatic bar unit, no. And I doubt it's what you mean as I can't picture how you'd arrange it.

Last edited:
Does your new mixer shower connect to the raindance (or rainforest?) shower head with a flexible shower hose? If so, you just need to fix the new shower head in position and then connect it to your electric shower using the flexible shower hose.

What shower mixer/head have you bought - maybe we can look up the model to check.

my 'new' shower is a fixed head rainforrest sytle

Just re-read your post; if it's a fixed head then it's probably not designed to be connected via a shower hose, in which case your idea probably won't work...although probably could be adapted with some fittings, but you would need some way of mounting the shower head to the wall.

[DLMURL="http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=10757505&fh_location=//catalog01/en_GB/categories%3C%7B9372014%7D/categories%3C%7B9372035%7D/categories%3C%7B9952012%7D/categories%3C%7B9952014%7D/categories%3C%7B9952026%7D&tmcampid=4&tmad=c&ecamp=cse_go&CAWELAID=445635341"]Triton Excellente Bar Diverter Mixer Shower Chrome[/DLMURL]

This is your shower, is it not Louise007?

I think it would be very difficult to adapt, you would need to connect the flexi hose from the removable handset to the electric shower and then blank off the feeds to the mixer shower and remove any non return valves and somehow disable the divertor so its on all the time and cannot be turned off. You'd also need to disable the thermostatic cartridge and on/off valve to make the whole thing a straight through pipe to the fixed showerhead.

You would also need to spend at least £300 for a decent 10.8KW electric shower.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah phil thats my shower.. sounds like it's far too much work.. probably gonna have to sell it and buy a new one.. do you know if you can get the same style shower but working electrical???
i cant seem to find anything like the one i have ? :(

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to using a mixer shower in conjuction with an electric shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock