Search the forum,

Discuss Unvented system services in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I've moved into a flat which has an unvented hot water system and have been told by 3 different plumbers (only 1 has g3) that there's no need to service it. Is this correct?
I've also just noticed water leaking from underneath the expansion tank and been told this isn't a serviceable part so will need replacing. Is this true and how much should I expect to pay?
Thanks in advance

no incorrect needs to be done yearly

as for the repair dont know havent seen it sorry best get a couple of prices etc

If the water is leaking from the expansion vessel down to rust , not an actual fitting or connection, replace it ASAP .
Definitely should be serviced , I am a bit worried about the one that has G3 .

Engineers can't really provide such guidance so easily. Why did the plumbers say it doesn't need servicing? And why three of them? Are you struggling to get somebody to actually come and have a look at it?

Engineers can't really provide such guidance so easily. Why did the plumbers say it doesn't need servicing? And why three of them? Are you struggling to get somebody to actually come and have a look at it?
The plumber who fitted it was quite abrupt and said he hasn't got time to service it. I spoke with 2 other plumbers (who don't have g3) which said it didn't really need servicing, just check black plastic cone shape section isn't wet inside. Spoke to another plumber a couple of days ago who says he has g3 and he also said that there's nothing to really service. I'm confused

I can see your reasoning for asking then.
It's over my head to be fair I'm not an engineer.

Frustrating that the guy who fitted it couldn't service it!!

Post a thread here with enough detail as possible. And area etc. Leave contact info out and just to private messaging. Agencies scour the forum.

It's more like a safety check tbh. For the system to work safely it has to operate at certain pressures and have correctly working controls installed in the correct way. Cleaning the strainer, checking supply pressure setting, safety devices operate, expansion vessels are charged etc... Some areas with hard water may need immersion descaling. The cylinders instructions will give you advise on maintenance.

It's more like a safety check tbh. For the system to work safely it has to operate at certain pressures and have correctly working controls installed in the correct way. Cleaning the strainer, checking supply pressure setting, safety devices operate, expansion vessels are charged etc... Some areas with hard water may need immersion descaling. The cylinders instructions will give you advise on maintenance.
Thank you. That was very helpful

Reply to Unvented system services in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock