Discuss Unknown valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the watchman

My father in law has an old oil heating system about 30 years old.

A valve is leaking on the pipework and I'm not sure what it is.

It is situated near the boiler end on the pipe running from the boiler to the cylinder (entering near the top half of the cylinder), which I assume is also the vent pipe as it tees off and carries on up to the attic.

The valve just looks like a tee connection, with the nut on the tee'ed off part having a small hole in it and I can see what looks like a spring underneath it (its quite corroded).

Is this a check valve??

Easy enough to replace?? I think the pipework is 28mm

Sorry I obviously described where the valve was incorrectly.

Picture the pipe going from the boiler up to the cylinder (which is directly above it) and then the vent pipe tees off which goes up into the attic.

The valve isn't on the vent pipe.

Its at the bottom of this pipe just after it leaves the boiler so before the tee where the vent pipe begins.

No pic sorry. only saw it today and its in a really inaccessible place (wooden shelving, towels etc).

I will try and get a picture of it.

What did the old safety valve look like and do.

Is it easy to replace if it was one of these.

the old style safety valve is pretty well as you described but usually screwed into a brass tee.
base_media
does it look like this

or this one[DLMURL="http://www.toolstation.com/images/library/stock/webbig/72640.jpg"]
images
[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unknown valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back