Discuss Unknown lead (?) Pipework to building exterior in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

C

Chris Metcalfe

Hello all,

I'm preparing an estimate for a bathroom renovation in a block of flats. As always I'm trying to flag up / plan for and cost as many possible unknowns as possible in advance. One thing that I've not seen before is the ~50mm pipework connecting into the soil stack (see picture). My best guess is that it's meant to vent an appliance such as a bath to prevent siphonage? The existing bath is tiled in so I've not seen under it.

I would welcome your thoughts!

Many thanks.

Picture?

Sorry, an error has occurred Chuck! Your post is too short. It must contain a minimum of 25 characters and above. your curent characters is 8

Reply to Unknown lead (?) Pipework to building exterior in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back