Discuss underfloor dry vs wet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

southcoastboile

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Has anyone used the dry underfloor heating before (electric)?

Is there a massive difference in price on energy costs and fitting as apossed to a wet system?

Thanks

The life span of electric is limited as wet is not (really) but like most jobs, its all down to price and electric is cheaper initally but will not last the life of wet UFH

I suppose it depends on area, new build or retro fit, budget, developing or building to live.

My preference is neither, not impressed with ufh, not responsive enough, but that's possibly the limitations of the systems I've seen.

UFH is very good in respect of decor and the home owners usage but for your averange joe bloggs like me (3 bed detached And we both work all day) its neither hear nor there.
A quality radiator is better and my preference as when the adverts are on you can look at the pipework

Electric UFH is easier to install, cheaper, there is no leaks to worry about, but you must be part P certified.
Wet UFH is more efficient, last longer

Just had to fit radiator in a large kitchen with electric ufh as the customer informed me that the running cost of the electric ufh was very high, to the point that they would not use it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to underfloor dry vs wet in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock