Discuss tyres for your vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Am on the subject of vans today. Just been quoted £160 for tyre fitted on my vivaro. I can't believe how expensive they are! So I am wondering where you guys get yours from?

Local garage, Online?

I have seen a place online called Merityre. Where you pay online and then go to one of their dealers closest to you. £110 they have quoted me.

I use tyre shopper on line. You can pick your fitting centre and am or pm fitting. Just make sure the speed and load rating are correct for the van.

Camskill, Black Circles, that online auction place, or local independent tyre shop are where I usually go.

thanks fellers. Tyre shopper didn't work for me. Said they were not able to find my tyre. Black circles has done the trick. Which is just like tyre shopper. fully fitted for £105. Bargain

Slightly off course here but the wife bought a very basic Renault Clio a couple of years ago as a runabout for her and our daughter to drive around. The tyres that are supplied on it from new are not a very standard size and we have since found out that we can buy a brand new set of alloy wheels and tyres from Halfords for almost the same price as four new tyres from Kwik-Fit and others.

I get a local company to come out to wherever I'm working and do mine think they were 90 odd quid last time I had mine done on.my vivaro

£60-£70 each here. There are free ones you can also get over here but they're usually on fire and rolling at you.........

£60-£70 are any of them franchised??? Know of any where in London that do them that cheap. Tamz you are winnner

I get part worn tyres for £40 each for my LWB Transit and not had one single problem.......yet!

160 quid thats taking the proverbial i pay 120 a corner on my car and they are 18 inch alloys,they are 60 quid each on my van what brand of tryre are you getting for 160??

i typed in my van and it cannot find tyres for it. Also when i type in the dimensions for the tyres, it doesn't have the C for speed. How did you achieve this?

Do you think it is ok to go for the cheapest tyres then?

oh, you left the link. Silly me. So a summer tyre, do you need to change it with the seasons. Sorry for all the dumb questions. it is the first time in 2yrs since having my van I am actually trying to get the cost of parts down and learn about the parts available

The C is for commercial ie vans. Rated for more weight i think. R before the 16 is the speed rating. No chance of going faster than 106mph in a Vivaro with a half ton of stuff in the back
This is the correct tyres that are on mine, i just checked
Continental Vanco 2 195/65 R16C 104/102T 8PR Double branding100T - mytyres.co.uk

Cheaper tyres generally don't last as long and are not as good for braking distances or in the wet if you are driving like Schumacher and tend to be a bit noisier.
Just buy what you can afford. Smaller local independents will be cheaper than the big nationals. Ring them and ask.

I cannot seem to find the Vanco tyre you posted. Do all tyres have to have the same speed Letter?

I try not to scrimp on tyres for the vans or my cars there what's keeping you on the road after all!

thanks tamz. Oh the speed rating is before the 16, not the number after. Cheers for clearing that up

195 (width of tyre in mm) / 65 (height of wall as a percentage of the width) R (speed rating) 16 (wheel size) C (commercial)

195 (width of tyre in mm) / 65 (height of wall as a percentage of the width) R (speed rating) 16 (wheel size) C (commercial)

On car tyres, the 'R' stands for 'Radial', not that you can get cross-ply ones any more. It must be different for vans, though, because the lowest speed rating on a car tyre, the last letter on the code, is H

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tyres for your vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
"Hi Mr *****, thankyou for your enquiry but unfortunately I am not able to help any further. I believe you've found my last five quotes...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Thanks in advance for your advice... As the title mentions, my issue is with the water pipes of the house causing the floor to...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, I'll start by saying I'll be getting a plumber out to do this but wanted some advice first. We're redoing our ground floor bathroom this year...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock