Search the forum,

Discuss Two toilets backflow problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparkspark

Hi,

I've got two toilets installed back to back either side of a stud wall, they are joined with a branch, which then flows to the stack and vent. When the further toilet is flushed, it causes the trap level in the near toilet to drop by half inch whilst the other completes the emptying process. When flush complete, some dirty water siphons back to the near pan. I was thinking as the problem is neg pressure, could I install an aav from the boss connection on the branch, taking it up above the highest point in the pan via 40mm pipe.

Any ideas gratefully received :)

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try and get one locally in Bristol Monday, cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Two toilets backflow problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
New here so hopefully I'm posting in the right place. I've just started having a problem with a toilet we had professional installed and wanted to get a second opinion on whether it was installed correctly or not. So we had a toilet with an integrated sink and concealed cistern installed 6...
Replies
Views
Hey there, First time posting here, thanks in advance for any advice you can give. First things first: I'm an idiot and I have no idea about proper plumbing lingo so go easy on me! I'm pretty cash strapped but I have a serious problem with my basement toilet and shower drain - dirty water is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock