Search the forum,

Discuss TrustMark in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

newcastle phill

Just reading the latest gas safe rag re trustmark and the 2 crappy examples of how they helped resolve.

I took advantage of the free listing with them but have just had notification of a £140 quid bill if i want to continue.

I think I'll be removing the logo from my website quickish lol !!!

Just another example of a waste of time scheme imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep just another money making scam in my opinion that nobody is interested in . Why is it that the building trade has so many of these ? These dodgy worthless schemes need investigating more than the dodgy tradesmen that they purport to protect the public from. Sorry rant over.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, too many people want a slice of your pie

I've said it before and I'll say it again, too many people want a slice of your pie

Totally agree, seems like every other week there's another scheme out . Seems our industry is seen as a never ending cash cow for organisations like these.

It is. There's only us working and earning and everyone else has their hand out, or that's how it feels.

It's all ball cocks !

When I came out of my time my qualifications were classed as life skills.

Now every qual around is 5 years, I mean that really is ridiculous.

Take unvented for eg, once you've passed a practical and written in that and worked on it for years, why do you need to re sit ???

You're not likely to be struck dumb and become dangerous at the end of 5 years.

All money spinning.

Same with trade organisations, " give us your hard earned cash and you'll do really well " !

Rubbish !

All members of the " I can't be bothered working so I'll grab some of your pie " brigade !

Sorry, touchy subject
Rant over

Last edited:
As long as firms pay companies like these more will continue to be set up, simple supply and demand.

Eventually there will be hundreds of companies and the market will be saturated and they will all hopefully become worthless and maybe disappear!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to TrustMark in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Been stuck abroad for a year now. Still stuck abroad. Italian red tape is, as they say, 'something else'. I used to think regulation was about protecting people, and often it is, but not over here. Mad country, not sure how it functions at all. They ask you to provide government mapping...
Replies
Views
    • Love
FIXRADIO are looking for 20 nominations for their Plumbers Category So please do nominate yourself (we can't nominate on your behalf, we haven't the time, and love you all the same we couldn't pick just 20 ;) but I'm sure other people can nominate on your behalf if you want to nominate each...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I hope you can help..I'm a total dunce when it comes to all things plumbing, apologies if posted in the incorrect forum too! Sorry this post is going to be quite long/descriptive but I was just hoping to get a second opinion on the methodology the plumber used to fix our boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have a older Version Worcester Bosch 35CDi Boiler (probably for about 15+ years). We have never had any protection on it & Bosch usually come round every year to either put new parts or service it. Limescale is a major problem for us in NW London & everything scales up pretty badly...
Replies
Views
I'm coming on this forum and moderating all posts for a good few weeks, and running searches on old posts. I'm noticing things, and some are being reported to me, that concerns me forum-wise. The aim with this place is to be really helpful. No matter what the Original Poster (OP) has come here...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock